Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
November 14, 2019 at 4:55 pm

Julian

I am trying to: optimize the page load (TTFB) of my site

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link (auth: fdjcollection / motto2019)
Most pages, especially:
- homepage: hidden link
- product archives: hidden link
- product page: hidden link

I expected to see:
A TTFB under 1 second...

Instead, I got:
getting 6seconds +

Culprit seems to be mostly WPML plugins, see this screenshot from New Relic

November 18, 2019 at 10:09 am #4964029

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be happy to help you further here.

We recently released new versions of WPML with performance improvements. so, may I kindly ask you to update the plugin to the latest version, it would also be nice if you can check the problem with the latest version and share with us the results.

BACKUP NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Further, your current memory limit is set to 40M, while the Minimum requirements is 128MB: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You need to increase the Memory Limit. In order to increase the memory you can add this following code to the top of wp-config.php

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M'); 
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

You can find more about increasing memory allocated to PHP in the WordPress codex, link: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

November 18, 2019 at 3:45 pm #4966505

Julian

Hi Shekhar, thanks for replying. I did what you suggested without any effect. Is there anything else we can do?

November 19, 2019 at 1:34 am #4968203

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Did you updated to WPML 4.3.3, did you feel any performance improvement?

Also, can you please perform the below steps and share the performances?
- Disable WPML plugins
- Disable all non-related WPML plugins.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Very high response times coming from wpml plugins’ is closed to new replies.