This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 10.61 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I get this error once I activate WPML plugin with Toolset:

Error en la base de datos de WordPress: [Duplicate entry '82f2404430fa3993ce3a01f480d7d26d' for key 'uc_domain_name_context_md5']

and some custom fields are duplicated (the duplicate custom fields are empty).

Solution:
Just delete the duplicated custom fields (the ones that are empty) and everything will go back to normal.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jose-mariaG-11 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 30, 2019 at 7:11 am

jose-mariaG-11

Hi,

I have created 2 types related with "RelationShips" in Toolset ("Fabricantes" and "Impresoras").

For code debugging needs I have the wordpress debug connected:
define ('WP_DEBUG', true);
define ('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true);
When I access any of the printers created in the new type "Impresoras" at the top of the page an error is displayed:
"Error en la base de datos de WordPress: [Duplicate entry '82f2404430fa3993ce3a01f480d7d26d' for key 'uc_domain_name_context_md5']<br />

UPDATE wp_icl_strings 
					SET name = 'group grupo-de-campo-para-impresoras-2 name', 
						domain_name_context_md5 = md5( CONCAT( context, name, gettext_context ) )
					WHERE name = 'group 75 name'

".

Yesterday I spoke with Shane of the Toolset support team, he told me that this was a WPML problem, he gave me an SQL command to delete the duplicate line, I executed it and he didn't give the problem anymore, but today he gives the problem again. Apparently, any operation done with the "Impresoras" type produces a duplicate line.

I have some custom php code that uses the Toolset api, but I don't think that's the problem, since I only use it to get data, not to create anything.

I attached screenshot.

I need very urgent help to solve this problem.

Thanks for your help

Regards,
Jose A.Molina

July 30, 2019 at 11:29 am #4307177

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Molina,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I just had a look at the dashboard area and I no longer see that notice at the top of the page. Can you tell me if removed the debug log or managed to sort this out in the meantime, please? Also, can you share the script that Shane send to you so I can have a quick look at it?

Thanks,
Radu

July 30, 2019 at 11:38 am #4307299

jose-mariaG-11

Hi Radu,

You have to enter a some "Impresora" type.
For example: hidden link

There is also another problem associated with this, in Toolset 2 identical groups are shown, one with fields and one without fields, for the "Impresoras" and "Fabricantes" types.
hidden link
Look at the screenshot.

Thanks for your help.

July 30, 2019 at 2:45 pm #4308695

jose-mariaG-11

Hi Radu,

Shane told me a "DELETE" command, but I don't remember exactly what it was.
Have you looked at the problems?
Is there any news about these problems?

Thanks for you help.

July 31, 2019 at 12:12 pm #4314209

Radu
Supporter

Hey Molina,

Don't worry about the delete command from Shane, I'm sure that we'll be able to handle this without it. I was just curious about how it looked and what were the elements that were affected by it, if you were able to provide the code.

Now, back to the issue: can you tell me if there's a specific action that makes the custom fields get duplicated? Are they duplicated right after creating the fields or maybe you update them and they this issue appears? It's strange that only two custom fields are duplicated. I just want to narrow what might be causing this in order to be able to replicate the issue on a clean install and see why this is happening.

Thanks,
Radu

July 31, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4314671

jose-mariaG-11

Hi Radu,

The command Shane gave me is:
DELETE FROM wp_icl_strings WHERE name = \'group 75 name\'

Regarding the problem, it is curious that the 2 types affected are types related with the option to relate Toolset types "RelationShips".
I do not know exactly when the problem occurred, I began to notice it when I connected the debugger mode of wordpress and I got the error that I told you at the top of the environment every time I entered any of the posts of the new type "Impresoras", at further research I also realized that the field groups of these 2 types (Fabricantes and Impresoras) were duplicated. The only thing I can tell you is that I had created the types before installing WPML and did not observe any strange behavior. After installing WPML I started seeing strange things, but I can't give you more details. The only thing is that I deleted the line with the command that Shane gave me, apparently the problem was solved, but the next day it returned to give the same problem. Now I am afraid to erase the line again, especially when those groups of fields have also doubled. What I can do?

Please, I need an urgent solution to this problem in order to continue with the project.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Jose A.Molina

August 1, 2019 at 10:03 am #4320357

Radu
Supporter

Hey Molina,

Can you tell me if you tried to delete the duplicated custom fields and see if they appear back again? This might be the reason why you see that message at the top of the page. Also, do you remember if the duplicated custom fields disappeared once you run the code from Shane? I'm just trying to narrow the things that might cause this issue, before check this a bit more closely.

I tried to create some custom fields on my side to see if I can replicate this issue but I had no luck with that. This is why I'm asking you to do these little changes and tell me how things work this time.

Thanks,
Radu

August 1, 2019 at 10:09 am #4320365

jose-mariaG-11

Hi Radu,

As I told you, I executed the command that Shane told me and the problem disappeared, but the next day, for some reason it reappeared.
Do you want me to execute Shane's command again?

Regards,
Jose A.

August 1, 2019 at 10:21 am #4320533

Radu
Supporter

Hey Jose,

Please delete the duplicated custom fields (the ones that are empty), and tell me if they are appearing again.

Thanks,
Radu

August 1, 2019 at 10:47 am #4320747

jose-mariaG-11

Hi Radu,

I deleted the repeated fields groups that did not contain fields inside.
I have modified one of the fields in each group of fields and wonderfully the duplicate error that was displayed when entering in "Impresoras" type has disappeared.
I have performed several operations on both types to see if the records were duplicated, and at least so far it seems that everything works correctly.

I will keep it under observation to see if everything works correctly.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jose A.

August 1, 2019 at 10:58 am #4320845

Radu
Supporter

Hey Jose,

I'm glad to hear that this did the trick. Please let me know if the issue is coming back. Also, it would be great if you could mention what's the change that you recently made, before the issue was back. This way I'll be able to investigate things a bit closer.

I'll keep the fingers crossed to not see this issue again, so you can keep working on your website 🙂

Thanks,
Radu

August 1, 2019 at 11:14 am #4321009

jose-mariaG-11

Unfortunately I did many things: I increased the number of fields in the new types created in Toolset Types, I added new posts in those types, ..., but I can't tell you which operation was the one that caused these groups of fields to be duplicated. 🙁

I hope that the problem is not repeated again. 🙂

Thanks Radu

August 1, 2019 at 11:47 am #4321231

Radu
Supporter

Hey Jose,

I'm sure that this will keep working fine. Don't forget that I'm right here if the issues comes back.

Regards,
Radu

August 8, 2019 at 6:57 am #4360189

jose-mariaG-11

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!