Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
January 5, 2021 at 5:03 pm #7781717

fabioM-49

Hi, I have encountered slowness problems on our site and I would like to check with you if there is any compatibility problem between the various tools / plugins used that could affect the operation.

We are currently using a wordpress with woocommerce with DIVI theme, wp rocket for caching and cloudflare account free + professional account. All hosted by a vps cloud server with the following characteristics:
4 vCPU6GB vRAM200GB SSD1Gbit / s10TB / month

The site is very slow especially in the backend.

Wpml side I deactivated the automatic string management by following some guides on your portal. I would like to know if there is any compatibility or configuration issue that may affect the overall operation.

What details can I give you?

hidden link
here configuration and php settings (obviously the site that sees only the support)

January 6, 2021 at 2:49 pm #7787505

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Can you give us more information on what exactly seems slow?

As you are using VPS, perhaps you can try to run a BlackFire profile of the performance issue.
hidden link

January 7, 2021 at 5:21 am #7791031

fabioM-49

Hi Goerge,
thank you for your answer. First of all, this site has always had inexplicable performance problems. We optimized what we could do and got a server powerful enough to improve navigation and management. As I said we are using wp rocket and cloudflare.

But I would like to check with you if there are any configuration or compatibility issues with wpml and the other tools. As the queries and tables occupied in the database by wpml seems to be very heavy in terms of resources.

Recently, for example, the product screen with 20 visible products can open from 3.5 to 11 seconds.
Among the various queries there is almost always some associated with wpml.

As per example: hidden link

Meanwhile, I asked my provider to install blackfire, what exactly should we see from there?

Do you need more information? Do you want login credentials?

January 7, 2021 at 9:30 am #7791923

George Botsev
Supporter

Yes, please provide us with temporary access credentials.

The query that you've shown is not that slow in my opinion, so it would be good if we can test and see what happens on your site and where.

Blackfire is a tool that can profile the site performance and potentially find bottlenecks. It is a bit advanced tool, so if you are not sure how to use it - better leave it off.

January 7, 2021 at 11:38 am #7792889

George Botsev
Supporter

I checked your site, at first glance, I don't see any slow queries or slowness there.

One thing that I noticed is that WooCommerce Multilingual has not been setup correctly.
If you go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Status tab - you will see warnings there.
As in your screenshot that you included you are accessing products, it is possible that the unfinished setup is causing the problems.

January 9, 2021 at 3:53 pm #7806723

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi there!

Please follow My colleague's advice and then, i have a feeling that the slowness happens only "sometimes".

If that's the case, it could be that there might be a lot of resources but the server configuration might be restricted so it would be very interesting if you could ask your hosting support if there's any restriction on the quantity of calls the server can do per minute/hour/second, on the quantity of queries the site can execute on the same timeframes (hours, seconds, minutes).

Then, you can also check the debug.log for any possible notification of deprecated code, silent errors, etc.

Please follow the instructions mentioned on this page to know how to do that: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

You will be able to find the debug.log in wp-content/debug.log.

To directly answer your initial question: there is not known performance issue between WPML, WooCommerce and Divi.

The slow query seen in the error is not so much a "slow" query but i can see it's has to do with Translation Management, which has to do at the same time with the pages being translated, yet it's a query that won't be executed every time and could be slow for example, if the database by itself is very big and the processing time or queries are restricted.

(That query that you're seeing there is tring to write in the database a status change from a job, which means that you probably translated a page and it was trying to tell the database you finished translating it, for example.)

If you have a hosting support, you can also ask them to check the server logs for issues and maybe check if there's a particular file that is being triggered many times.

When WooCommerce is enabled (whether WPML is enabled too or not) AJAX operations increase notably and if they are not programmed correctly, they might also affect the back-end.

Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Very slow site backend’ is closed to new replies.