This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 36 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 19, 2019 at 7:11 pm #3842393

jeppeK-2

I see a low of slow queries from WPML.

All queries: https://pastebin.com/hPi4GaDD

I really hope you can help me as I see load times of more than 10 seconds.

Best Regards
Jeppe

May 19, 2019 at 7:15 pm #3842397

jeppeK-2

For comparison, I get a loading time of 3-4 seconds, 300 queries without WPML and 12 seconds, 675 queries with WPML.

May 20, 2019 at 8:54 am #3845069

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Thanks for the details, I have checked the query log I could not find any query taking much longer time each query seems to be executed in ms time which seems to be quite normal.

However, let's try to debug this issue further and check if we can get more details about the cause.

It seems like you have quite a lot of plugin it is possible that any of the plugins might interact with WPML, To isolate the issue please try the basic debugging steps. Deactivate all non-WPML plugins check if the issue persists. Try activating the plugin one by one and notice the change in the load time.

Most of the performance related issues are solved trying the steps mentioned in the documentation https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/.

Please let me know the results. If you are still struck send us a snapshot copy of your site (exclude any backup folders) You can use the Duplicator plugin to create a snapshot of the site and share the package link with me http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Kind regards
Raja

May 22, 2019 at 9:12 am #3863527

jeppeK-2

Will try this and get back to you. Please don’t close the ticket yet.

May 22, 2019 at 1:57 pm #3866415

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Sure, I will await your response.

Kind regards
Raja

May 24, 2019 at 9:55 pm #3887729

jeppeK-2

Hi again.

I went through your steps. Tried disabling other plugins. Followed everything on https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/

However, it shows that WPML is the issue. I have made a pastebin with timings and the "slow queries" with and without wpml activated:

With wpml: 15,40S https://pastebin.com/JrkWFZjC
Without wpml: 3,87S https://pastebin.com/RQZbt12b

I had issues with Duplicator as my site is too large. I have setup a copy of my site for you to test and hopefully find the issue. Please let me know how I can send this to you in private.

I really hope we can find the cause as this is starting to become a big problem for my online shop 🙁

Best Regards
Jeppe

May 27, 2019 at 4:30 am #3893467

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

HI Jeppe,

I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

May 27, 2019 at 1:55 pm #3898005

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there

I can see the performance lag in your site, However, to debug the issue I need to get a copy of your site. If getting a duplicator is not possible please provide a copy of your wp-content folder (only theme and plugins folder) and database dump that would help as well. Please compress the copy of the wp-content folder and upload it to g-drive or dropbox and share the link.

I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

May 28, 2019 at 11:24 am #3906175

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

HI there,

The attachment contains only the theme and plugin files, However, we need database dump for your site to proceed further, You can use the duplicator plugin to create only database files (check the attached screenshot). Please share the database package with us.

Kind regards
Raja

May 29, 2019 at 2:38 pm #3916459

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

I am Bigul from WPML support team. Raja is off today. So I am taking care of this ticket. Hope it will be okay for you.

Thank you for the backup files. I have downloaded it and configuring it in my local server now.

I have a couple of questions for a better understanding of the issue.

a) Which type of hosting service you are using now, shared or VPS or Dedicated?

b) In which page or section you are facing the least performance

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 30, 2019 at 9:40 am #3921783

jeppeK-2

a) Shared but high quality with very low numbers of sites on each server. Performance of server: hidden link

b) Not sure I can point out a specific page as the slow performance is everywhere. Especially when adding to cart and admin pages maybe. But this is also seen as static pages are cached. When you login with the admin user, it will not cache pages for you, so you can see the actual performance.

May 30, 2019 at 9:11 pm #3926251

jeppeK-2

Anything new here? This is getting worse and worse 🙁 Pingdom test with more than 30 seconds load time. This is a huge problem for my business.

May 31, 2019 at 12:55 pm #3930691

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

I am checking this on my local setup, I will update you soon with the results

Kind regards
Raja

May 31, 2019 at 3:22 pm #3931521

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience,

I have checked your site in detail,

Please follow the below steps.
Backup your site and database

- Goto WPML > Support > Troubleshooting (check screenshot)
- Click on the following
- Clear cache with WPML
- Remove ghost entries from translation tables (Wait for the process to complete)

Performing this increased the performance tremendously, Your first few page visits will be a bit slow and the subsequent page loads will be much faster.

I hope this helps you better

Kind regards
Raja

May 31, 2019 at 9:38 pm #3933461

jeppeK-2

Thanks for looking into this.

Unfortunately, I do not see any change in performance on the live site with this 🙁