This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 2:57 pm

jeroenV-43

I am trying to:
Translate a page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
A video about half the page on the right side

Instead, I got:
The video is only in the main language available. In the translated pages (FR and ENG) I get nothing (ENG) and some code (FR).

August 27, 2019 at 5:46 pm #4468767

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I tried to access your website WordPress Dashboard to give it a further look, unfortunately the provided credentials don't seem to be correct. In any case, I recommend you to try the following:

1 - Click to edit your homepage in the default language, then choose to edit your homepage translations using the default WordPress page/post editor.

2 - Now, manually adjust the video shortcode/embed code and save your changes.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Please, let me know if this approach works for you or if you need any additional assistance and clarifications, have a nice day.

August 28, 2019 at 6:38 am #4471399

jeroenV-43

Hello Marcos, thanks.

On my page there is no such a 'duplicate' button as you can see in the attached image. I work with the fields that are used in Cornerstone (left original language, right the translation) and everything is already translated that way..

You can login now. I have updated your role to admin so now you can take a look for yourself.

Important: because WPML/CORNERSTONE are not compatible in the new versions of WPML I had to use the February 2019-versions of all the WPML plugins. So please do not update to the net WPML plugin versions.

August 28, 2019 at 2:15 pm #4475067

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Even with existing translations made using the WPML Translation Editor, you can still change to the default WordPress page/post editor and use the Cornestone builder to manually adjust the video block for your translated pages, here is how:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Pages click to edit your homepage in your default language.

2 - Click to turn off the WPML Translation Editor and use the default WordPress page/post editor, then click the pencil icon. See attached screenshot.

3 - Now click to edit your translated page using the Cornestone builder and manually adjust the video shortcode.

Please, let me know if it works for you. Have a nice day.