This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
June 28, 2019 at 8:39 am #4105611

frigorossoS

Hello on my site I created a Custom Post Type called Thesis. I have customized the code of the archive page to show a list of theses divided into two categories.
I created my posts only in English.
The reference to English posts on the Italian archive page does not work.
Is there a way to make them appear as even new content will be in English only?

June 28, 2019 at 12:46 pm #4107443

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Clarification
1.1 Are you translating the categories (e.g taxonomy terms)?

2.Is there a way to make them appear as even new content will be in English only?

You have 2 choices. In the panel WPML>Settings > Custom Post Type translation
You can set the translation option for the CPT to be "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language"

If you do this + if you have set the same for your taxonomy + you do not translate the taxonomy, the WPML filters should pickup your EN posts and show them in the Italian archive page.

However, this will not work if you are translating your categories.

If you must show a translated category slug/label on your archive page, then you should duplicate all EN posts to IT.

More here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

The topic ‘[Closed] View posts in non-translated language’ is closed to new replies.