Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: A page is using a Toolset Views to return some items, but the Views doesn't display results in the second language

Solution: in the View, you set a filter by taxonomy, and its items are filtered by a custom field. The custom fields are set to "copy", but for some reason, they weren't copied to the translation. Therefore, the View loop didn't find any items to return in the front end. I resaved one of the affected items (I did a small edit then delete it). After doing this, I resaved the translation too and now it appears in the front end.

Please note: Toolset Views Lite is no longer available as a free plugin with WPML. Learn more about purchasing Toolset or activating the free Toolset Types plugin.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by martinH-16 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
March 14, 2019 at 6:00 pm #3347761

martinH-16

Hello,

on my website is lot of issues with WPML. Can you look at it?

1st Issue )

you can see price lists here hidden link after translating here: hidden link there is no items found. Layout id = 305, views ids = 88, 96, 287, 282, 241, 243

It looks like something with taxonomy translation, or with slug translation. I dont know.

2nd Issue )

Here are some video references: hidden link. After translation hidden link the custom field video ID

[types field='video-id'][/types]

is not added to the view loop, so the videos does not appear. Also there should be information about wich language lesson is video for - also doesnt appear. View id: 322

3rd Issue )

I dont see any layout in translation manager. I looked to the settings and there are some locks in "Post Types Translation" section. It worked somehow before, but it does not now. I am fighting half a year with wpml to make my website multilanguage finally and I cant make it at all.

4th Issue)

I can not translate the name of archive? hidden link etc..

5th Issue)

how can I translate the placeholder for this form? I can translate placeholder for other form, but i can not see this strings in string translation. hidden link ("Chcete se na něco zeptat" etc..)

March 15, 2019 at 5:02 pm #3355903

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Our support policy is "one ticket, one issue" so I'll take care of issue n.1 here. You can open other tickets for the other issues, or I can split the topic once we finish with the first one.

The items you are referring to, what kind of items are? A custom post type or custom field etc? Are they translated?
It would be possible to have some screenshot of your back end?

March 20, 2019 at 9:56 pm #3393711

martinH-16

Hello, Ok split it to the 5 issues. Thanks.

For the 1st issue: What are Items in view? Custom post types with custom fields made in Toolset, translated? I think the titles of it yes. So it should show the titles. But it shows nothing.

March 20, 2019 at 10:02 pm #3393741

martinH-16

here are screens. I can givu you admin acc, but i cannot give you FTP and DB.

custom-post.jpg
Custom-posts.jpg
cenik.jpg
pricelist.jpg
March 21, 2019 at 5:56 pm #3415775

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Hello, my name is Alejandro,

Since Laura is currently not available, I will replace her here in the forum until she returns.
I hope this is OK with you.

I just activated the account field so you can now insert admin credentials.

Thanks in advance.

March 22, 2019 at 3:56 pm #3442097

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

how did you add the custom post to the pricelist? I can see they are translated, but we need to check the layout in that page.

March 27, 2019 at 10:11 am #3469443

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I don't understand if the post types that are not appearing are from Ceníky or Ceníky (pro stávající klienty). This last one is set as not translatable in WPML -> Settings.

Both of them seems not to be translated, however, so this would explain why you don't see them.
Did you create them with Toolset or are they coming from the theme?

April 1, 2019 at 2:34 pm #3509025

martinH-16

I created them with toolset. I dont know why it is set as not translatable. I am sure that it was translatable (thats why they are translated). So what to do?

April 3, 2019 at 11:02 am #3525007

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

sorry for the delay in response, but I found a solution.

In your View, you set a filter by taxonomy, and its items are filtered by a custom field.
The custom fields are set to "copy", but for some reason, they weren't copied to the translation.
Therefore, the View loop didn't find any items to return in the front end.

I did a test, resaving one of the Ceník items (I did a small edit then delete it). After doing this, I resaved the translation too and now it appears in the front end: hidden link

If you do the same for all items the issue should be solved.
Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

April 9, 2019 at 3:07 pm #3568615

martinH-16

I updated WPML and Toolset and did your trick, it helped, but the calculations are not working now.

I am using this plugin:

function calculate_shortcode($atts,$content=null) {
  $content = wpv_do_shortcode($content);
  $content = eval("return $content;");
  return round($content);
  }
  add_shortcode('calculate', 'calculate_shortcode');
Poznámka 2019-04-09 170650.jpg
April 9, 2019 at 3:12 pm #3568653

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

this is a different issue, probably due to an incompatibility with the plugin.
I suggest you open a new ticket. We try to have only one issue per ticket, so it's easier for others to search the forum. This also allows supporters to be faster and more efficient.

April 9, 2019 at 5:19 pm #3569669

martinH-16

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! But it was hard to edit every post by hand. Is there any automatization for it?