Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by srdjan 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: srdjan.

Author Posts
May 3, 2017 at 12:33 pm #1267135

nicolasF-19

Hi,

I am trying to: translate a page either straight in the Visual COmposer page builder or either via Translation management. When I do so, the content is duplicated 3 times in the interface to translate the page (i.e. I get 3 times the same content to translate, in 3 different fields). Also, for some pages, I found content to be translated from other page.

When building the site, I duplicated some of my pages, could that be an issue? Any other reason?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Nicolas

May 4, 2017 at 11:09 am #1267947

srdjan

Hello Nicolas,
thank you for reporting this.
This is known issue and we're working on fix for it.

In the meantime, you can try following:

- Try re-saving original post in backend (from post edit screen)
If there is malformed HMTL - it should be fixed and translation package updated.

- Switch to manual translation (If you don't mind translating manually post)
WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual Content Setup
Create translations manually

Please let me know if this helps.

May 8, 2017 at 3:53 am #1270221

nicolasF-19

Hello,

Saving the post again doesn't refresh the content of the translation. In the translation editor, the content in my original language didn't update with the different changes I've made --> is that normal behavior? I would expect the content to be updated.

Is there a way I can delete the "ongoing translation" for each page? (I cannot finalize them to delete them afterwards because the original language has not been updated and I don't want to lose my content) Also, it prevents me to create the translation manually for the pages which I already tried to translate

Thanks in advance,

Kr,

NIcolas

May 8, 2017 at 10:13 am #1270495

srdjan

Hello Nicolas,
can you use manual translation until it's fixed?

Can you give us temporary access to your site
so we can copy post content and try to fix it?

Thank you.

May 8, 2017 at 11:32 am #1270608

srdjan

Hello Nicolas,
thank you for update.

I downloaded and imported Duplicator export but cannot get local site working - in admin area I see blank page and frontend redirects me to your site. Tried to fix that, but there are some errors with database.

Do you have some custom scripts on your site that can prevent me from running it locally?

Instead I copied content of page and tested locally translations.
Moved translated shortcodes and did not get amy duplicates.

You can cancel translation jobs on screen:
WPML > Translation Manager > Multilingual content setup > Translation Jobs

After that, you can switch to manual translation or try to re-create job
after you've done with editing original page.

Please let me know if this helps.

May 8, 2017 at 11:32 pm #1271302

nicolasF-19

Hi,

Yes, sorry there is indeed a php file in httpdocs folder (lang.php) that I added after reading a support topic in the WPML forum. It redirect the domain to the domain.com/fr. You have to modify it.

Regarding the DB issue, I see that the collation type is utf8_general_ci for all the tables excepted for the ones of WPML & WooCommerce which are utf8mb4_unicode_ci. Can that be an issue? I saw something related to this into other WPML support topics (e.g. https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wordpressa-illegal-mix-of-collations-utf8mb4_unicode_ciimplicit-and-utf8mb4_/ ) Can you help fixing this please?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

May 10, 2017 at 1:25 pm #1272820

srdjan

Did you manage to cancel translation job and create new one?

May 12, 2017 at 4:05 am #1274381

nicolasF-19

Yes, I could do that & create a new version of the page for English. This solve the issue temporarily. However, I'm working with a translation agency and we will add other languages soon. Now that I clarified both of the issues you had for replicating my site, could you please check again this issue?

Could you also address the DB collation issue so that I don't trouble in the future for migration/replication, etc.?

Thanks in advance,

Kr,

Jonathan

May 15, 2017 at 11:27 am #1276024

srdjan

Hi Nicolas,
can you please check if this workaround can help?
https://wpml.org/errata/duplicated-fields-in-translation-editor-for-page-builders-divi-visual-composer/

I wanted to check if fix resolves your issue
but I still cannot run your Duplicator export on my local 🙁