This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 5, 2019 at 2:44 pm

juan-luisV

Hello,

My site is working fine with WPML except for one thing: when I go to edit my homepage (original and translated one) the Visual Composer frontend editor does not load the content. It just shows as if there is no content to edit. This only happens with the homepage, on every other page, the Visual Composer works and loads fine. Any ideas?

August 6, 2019 at 5:42 pm #4349807

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank for you for contacting WPML Support. I took a look in your website and could confirm the issue, it sounds like a theme/plugin conflict instead of something related to WPML usage. In order to confirm it, please try the following:

1 - Disable all the plugins except the WPML related ones from your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and see if the issue is gone, if so, activate one plugin at a time untill the culprit one is found.

2 - If the issue persists, temporary change to a default WordPress theme such as the 'TwentySeventeen' theme from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes menu.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if the steps above help to fix your issue. Have a nice day.