Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by IMPULS 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
January 24, 2020 at 3:33 pm #5358025

IMPULS

The other ticket was marked as resolved, so I open another ticket for the same issue, which still exits:

Visual Composer safes an individual CSS file for every single page. It often happens, that the structure of the Visual Composer (rows and columns) gets broken and then I have to resave the pages because WPML deletes the CSS of the page. This is what the VC developers told me a couple of weeks ago:

"We had emailed WPML a couple of days back but unfortunately, we did not hear back from them.
Our developer has now again contacted them regarding the same to get a rough estimate of release date or version number in which the bug fix will be included.

The WPML had not shared the details of fix with us. You can mentioned about the cloning/translating issue reported by Visual Composer development team to check the status with them."

So it looks like your developer team knows this issue since at least 3 Months now.

Please release a fix for this problem, it's really urgent.

January 25, 2020 at 11:46 am #5361343

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I searched your previous tickets and our internal issues tracker tool to check if this issue was reported to our developers before, but I could not find any.
Can the Visual Composer team tell us what email they have contacted, I'll then ask our compatibility team about it.

In the meantime, can you provide the steps to follow so I can reproduce this issue on my local setup? Maybe there is a special setting that contributes to this issue? I'll try to reproduce the issue and push it to our developers.

Best regards,
Jamal

January 27, 2020 at 8:26 am #5367705

IMPULS

Hi Jamal,

thanks for your answer! It often happens after a page is translated to another language. I usually use the Translation Management to duplicate all pages in bulk and then I separate the other language versions to be able to translate the pages. I don't know exactly what to do, to brake the structure, it often happens by itself. I have to resafe the broken page inside of Visual Composer but a couple of days later it's broken again.

I'm waiting for an answer of the VC developers, which email address they used to contact WPML and tell it you, when I get an answer.

Best regards,
Andy

January 27, 2020 at 8:50 am #5367945

IMPULS

This is the answer of the VC developers:

"The email id used to contact WPML was: edgars.v@visualcomposer.com. Our developer was in contact with their marketing team. "

January 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm #5379163

Jamal
Supporter

Our compatibility team found only one communication with the provided email regarding the compatibility of the VC Builder in general, and not only regarding custom CSS files per page. The discussion was two years ago.

I suggest following our standard support process. If we can reproduce this issue on a clean install, I'll escalate it to our compatibility team for further analysis and hopefully a fix.
For that reason, I created a new installation, you can log into with the following one-click-login.
hidden link

Ou en utilisant l'utilisateur/mot de passe: admin / admin123

Please configure WPML with at least two languages similarly to your website, install VC Builder and try to reproduce this issue on a page, if reproduced I'll escalate it to our compatibility team.

If not reproduced, I'll need to take a copy of your website to investigate this further.

January 31, 2020 at 8:19 am #5397383

IMPULS

Ok i've installed VC and tried to reproduce my issue, but hand no luck. Should I give you administration access to radstadt.com to clone the website?

January 31, 2020 at 1:48 pm #5399703

Jamal
Supporter

Please follow the steps in my previous private message(JANUARY 31, 2020 AT 1:48 PM) to clone your website into our platform to another server.

Please create an administrator user for me in the cloned site and share it in the private box activated for your next reply.

Let me know which page presents this issue.

January 31, 2020 at 5:02 pm #5401645

IMPULS

I tried to make a copy with your plugin, but after 90 % it told me, that the migration wasn't sucessful. I tried again for several times but now I always get the following error message before the migration starts:
Error! The URL specified is incorrect. Please check if your account is configured with hidden link

February 1, 2020 at 9:54 am #5403735

Jamal
Supporter

I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

February 4, 2020 at 1:44 pm #5421753

Jamal
Supporter

My apologies for the late reply, I do not work on Mondays.

I confirm that the login information is correct and I was able to login and find the translated page:
- Original: hidden link
- Translated: hidden link

But I was not able to reproduce the issue. And below the steps of my tests.
1. The translation was needing an update. Update the translation and check the frontend, I did not notice a difference in styles.
2. Update the original page(added a (.) in the 6-Tages-Skipass line).
3. Translating the page, I did not notice a difference in styles.
In these tests, the translated pas was always having a CSS file loaded from "uploads/visualcomposer-assets/assets-bundles"

Either, I did not notice the difference in styles or I did not perform the correct steps to reproduce the issue. Can you provide detailed steps that I can follow and a screenshot of the differences in styles between the original and the translated page?

February 4, 2020 at 2:42 pm #5422341

IMPULS

As you can see, now the layout of the english version is broken:
hidden link

I don't know exactly, what to do, to reproduce the issue, it looks like it happens by itself after a undertermined period of time.

February 4, 2020 at 3:13 pm #5422599

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback.

We really need the steps that trigger this issue, so we can investigate it further. Otherwise, we'll be hitting a wall 🙂

I was not able to reproduce the second part of the issue (Saving the translation manually fixes the layout/styles). I saved the English translation from the WordPress editor and from the WPBakery editor too, but it did not fix the layout of the paragraph/image.

Can you fix the layout for the Egnlish translation? What steps do you follow to do it?

February 4, 2020 at 3:21 pm #5422629

IMPULS

I was able to fix the issue on the english page.

Usually it's enough to resafe the page in Visual Composer, but this time I had to add an element e.g. a row and safe the page, so VC safed a new version of the CSS file for this page.

Does WPML use a caching system or something in that kind for the language versions of the pages? I don't think, that we or our customer do anything special, which destroys the english and german versions of the pages.

February 4, 2020 at 4:20 pm #5423167

Jamal
Supporter

WPML uses the cache only for language switcher. For versions of posts or pages, WPML does not track the versioning of the translation, WordPress does. But WPML keeps a link between an original version and its translation.

From what I have learned thanks to the compatibility team. WPBakery site builder stores the page information in two places, it stores the structure of the page in a custom field, so the WPBakery knows how to render the editor. And uses Javascript to render the structure of the page to HTML which is saved as the raw content of the page.
WPML editors are not able to integrate into this process. This is the general workflow.

But for this case(custom CSS files per pages), If you can provide the steps to reproduce it. The compatibility team will be glad to take a second look at it.

February 4, 2020 at 4:25 pm #5423271

IMPULS

Attention, this is NOT WPBakery site builder, it is Visual Composer, a completely different plugin.