This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

When I try and translate pages built with Visual Composer Website Builder, it always shows all the content into one single field in the Translation Editor.

Solution:

The Visual Composer Website Builder is not yet compatible with WPML, and this is the reason that it is shown like this. Our compatibility team is working with authors on making this page builder compatible.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by catherineR-7 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 15, 2018 at 5:17 pm #2737974

catherineR-7

This relates to Visual Composer Website Builder (their current product called Visual Composer, and not WPBakery page builder).

When I try and translate pages built with Visual Composer Website Builder, it always lumps all content into a single editor, instead of splitting it up (see pic).

If I have one text block and a lot of elements in between and then another text block, it doesn't have an editor for each text block, but puts everything into one editor. It makes it confusing for translators.

I checked the raw HTML and there are no shortcodes being used by Visual Composer, so I don't know how to remedy this. Any help is appreciated!

September 17, 2018 at 8:37 pm #2742551

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm sorry, but the Visual Composer Website Builder is not yet compatible with WPML.
I can see in our internal documentation that there is work in progress on the compatibility of this page builder with WPML. But I think that currently, we are waiting for the Visual Composer team to get some progress with this compatibility process. So until the compatibility process is finished elements of the page builder will show like this in the Translation Editor.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 17, 2018 at 11:30 pm #2742778

catherineR-7

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for any updates on this from WPML or Visual Composer.