This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 3, 2018 at 5:14 am #1946909

jin-hoK

I am trying to:
translate product or post or page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
every product / post / page
for example: hidden link

If I go into translation page while I was editing the product/page/post in visual mode, it just shows blanks.

It works fine if I enter the translation page while I was editing it in text mode. But it doesn't work again if I click visual mode.

May 4, 2018 at 9:48 am #1972780

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I see that are your SiteOrigin Page Builder. You cannot use the Tranlsaiton Editor with pages built with this pagebuilder. SiteOrigin works differently than the other page builders. It uses widgets, while the other page builders integrated into our Tranlsation Editor (VC, Avada, Beaver builder, Divi) are using shortcodes.

Therefore, the integration that you expect to see with the Tranlsation Editor is not possible.

You can read about the recommended way to translate your pages here:
hidden link

I hope this helps you.

May 5, 2018 at 4:08 pm #1991727

jin-hoK

Hi. I'm not using the siteorigin pagebuilder for products at all. Also. I've tested it while deactivating the siteorigin pagebuilder. Will there be any solution ?

May 6, 2018 at 9:55 am #1996792

Yvette
Supporter

Ok. So I understand that you have disabled the SiteOrigin page builder for your products post type. You are using the standard Native WordPress interface to build product singe views.

Then we would have to take a closer look at what might be affecting the Translation Editor.

1. Diagnostic Stesps
1.1 As a diagnostic, please deactivate all non-WPML plugins except for Woocoomerce. With this minimal setup, can you now translate the product with the Translation Editor?

1.2 If you cannot then also temporarily switch your active theme to Twenty Seventeen and try editing the product again.

I wait your news - thanks for your collaboration.

May 14, 2018 at 5:25 am #2110914

jin-hoK

I've tried twenty seventeen theme, and unactivated all and activating step by step,
but couldn't find what's making this problem.

May 14, 2018 at 9:23 am #2113810

Yvette
Supporter

) Temporary Access to your system
Could you please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem? The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Visual doesn't work in translation page’ is closed to new replies.