This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
September 5, 2018 at 10:56 am

Michael

Hi there,

I am using orionorigin's plugin Visual Product Configurator which is listed as compatible with WPML: https://wpml.org/plugin/visual-products-configurator-2/

I am talking with their support staff and they wrote:
"WPML has changed some features in their last updates so the way it was possible to translate the configurator in the past has also changed."

Basically, it seems that the plugin is no longer 100% compatible with Visual Product Configurator.

They asked me if I can put you (WPML Support) in contact with them about VPC and WPML compatibility. So that is why I am writing you 🙂

I am unsure how to proceed here, but am happy to be the middle man if necessary.

Cheers,
Michael

September 5, 2018 at 9:29 pm #2708816

Ricardo Alday

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the heads up. I tried to download the Duplicator package you provided but the link requires a username and password. Can you share that using the private fields below?

Once I can get a copy of the package, I will run some tests and pass it to our compatibility team.

Thanks,
Ricardo

September 6, 2018 at 7:37 am
September 6, 2018 at 6:02 pm #2711871

Ricardo Alday

Thanks. I have escalated this to our compatibility team. They will run some further tests and contact the plugin developer if needed.

September 20, 2018 at 3:22 pm #2752711

Ricardo Alday

Our developers have confirmed that the latest version of the Visual Product Configurator plugin is no longer compatible with WPML. They have contacted the plugin author a while ago but never heard back to work out these issues.
I suggest you report this issue to the author and let him know we're willing to cooperate. He should have our contact.

Best regards,
Ricardo

The topic ‘[Closed] Visual Product Configurator and WPML compatibility issues’ is closed to new replies.