Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
March 21, 2019 at 1:56 pm #3406145

mmoI

Hello,

Can you tell me if with "W3 Total Cache" which hosting configuration I need for work well with WooCommerce Multilingual and WPML ?

Thanks

March 22, 2019 at 5:08 am #3437505

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

Please reivew this article:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/optimize-multilingual-website-performance-using-w3-total-cache/

This includes the most recent optimization recommendations to work with W3 Total Cache.

March 22, 2019 at 9:25 am #3438859

mmoI

Ok thanks but I don't found recommendations concerning the hosting configurations.

March 22, 2019 at 3:05 pm #3441647

Yvette
Supporter

If you can be specific about what values/options you need, I can see if i can track down someone who might be able to answer your specific questions.

But depending on the type/level of questions, we may not have the expertise required and you might have better information from W3 Total Cache support.

March 25, 2019 at 8:56 am #3450483

mmoI

Hello,

Which values/options have you need ?

Currently my website have 300 products (in two languages), 1000 variations, 200 attributs/filters. In few week, it will increase to 1000 products (in two languages), 2000 variations, 300 attributs/filters.

So, can you give me an estimate of configurations I have need (with WooCommerce Multilingual):
1. PHP memory allowed of my website (in wp-config) ?
2. Others specifics configurations in my website for big wordpress e-commerce ?
3. CPU and RAM server in my hosting ? Please see here (currently, I have "Professional plan" with CDN option):
hidden link
hidden link
4. Others specifics configurations in my hosting ?
5. Does "W3 Total Cache" need different configurations ?

Currently my website shows this (please see attachment).

Thank you very much

March 25, 2019 at 5:31 pm #3456815

Yvette
Supporter

I´ll see if we have some general recommendations for you, but to my knowledge, we normally do not provide this level of detail.

I will update this ticket once I have a response from our 2nd tier support group but I just want to set your expectations.

It may be that you need to eventually contact a WPML Contractor who has more experience with these sizes of installations. Our WPML Support Forum is focused on troubleshooting specific performance, compatibility and logic problems with our code.

Custom solutions incorporating design, coding or site "sizing" is not included in the scope of our normal support policy as it is too specific for each client and we don´t have the resources to handle these kind of requests.

In the meantime, WRT to your error, you obviously need to increase the size of your PHP Hemory. For what it is worth, I have seen several clients who have over 1GB of PHP memory defined. However, I would not be able to tell you under what conditions you would need to do this,

You might try asking Woocommerce support for their guideance. If you intend to fully translate your products, then the number of table entries would multiply for each language installed. This would be true for posts, taxoxnomies and any other custom post types that you use.

March 25, 2019 at 7:04 pm #3457553

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I have a response from one of our senior supporters. The general responses is that there are too many factors apart from WPML to respond adequately to your questions.

You should optimize your site for WordPress in general and the more server resources you can afford, the better. Try to estimate the sizes of your tables and look for a consultant or approach yoru server on how to optimise your server configuration for the database size.

We have the following documentation to guide your selections but providing the detailed response you are looking or is outside the scope of the Support Policy.
https://wpml.org/2012/01/can-your-site-run-faster/