Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidN-51 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 4:54 pm #4555379

davidN-51

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hi there. Many strings which are translated in LOCO translate (.mo files) are not appearing in WPML string translation because I have not selected "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation and always load .mo files as backup ". Instead I selected "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)"

It seems I should go ahead and select the first version, so WPML can load all my .mo files and bring my translated strings into WPML. However, should I wait until you release version 4.3 of WPML which has this functionality at it's core? I am unsure about that!

September 12, 2019 at 10:32 am #4560247

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

If you want to do that change, it could be done now, too.

1. First, please make sure that you create a full backup of the site
2. Then, after you enable that option, make sure that you go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization and scan both the theme and the plugins that you are using

Here you can find more information about that process:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/ (main page)
- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/#scanning-themes-for-texts (section for translating theme's strings)
- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/#scanning-plugins-for-texts (section for translating plugin strings)

You could also wait until we release the new update but it is really up to you.

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

September 12, 2019 at 10:39 am #4560297

davidN-51

Many thanks Mihai,

Do you know approximately when you wll release the next stable version? I wonder if it is safer to wait, if you are still sorting out small bugs etc.

September 12, 2019 at 3:22 pm #4562377

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I would love to be able to give you an exact time estimate but unfortunately, I have no idea at this point.

Probably in a few weeks, it will roll out.

Kind regards,
Mihai

September 16, 2019 at 10:45 am #4579145

davidN-51

Sorry maybe my question was not very good.

What I mean to ask is whether it is a problem I go ahead and select "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation and always load .mo files as backup "? When your 4.3 update arrives will that be an issue if I have done that?

I can of course wait for yur update, if you think that is a better move.

September 16, 2019 at 6:38 pm #4583211

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I'm happy to clarify 🙂

No, it will not be an issue if you activate that option right now.

You can do that right now, just make sure that you follow the steps I recommended in point 1 and point 2 above.

That would be all.

Kind regards,
Mihai

September 17, 2019 at 5:43 am #4585661

davidN-51

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!