This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidN-51 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 4:54 pm #4555379

davidN-51

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hi there. Many strings which are translated in LOCO translate (.mo files) are not appearing in WPML string translation because I have not selected "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation and always load .mo files as backup ". Instead I selected "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)"

It seems I should go ahead and select the first version, so WPML can load all my .mo files and bring my translated strings into WPML. However, should I wait until you release version 4.3 of WPML which has this functionality at it's core? I am unsure about that!

September 12, 2019 at 10:32 am #4560247

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

If you want to do that change, it could be done now, too.

1. First, please make sure that you create a full backup of the site
2. Then, after you enable that option, make sure that you go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization and scan both the theme and the plugins that you are using

Here you can find more information about that process:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/ (main page)
- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/#scanning-themes-for-texts (section for translating theme's strings)
- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/#scanning-plugins-for-texts (section for translating plugin strings)

You could also wait until we release the new update but it is really up to you.

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

September 12, 2019 at 10:39 am #4560297

davidN-51

Many thanks Mihai,

Do you know approximately when you wll release the next stable version? I wonder if it is safer to wait, if you are still sorting out small bugs etc.

September 12, 2019 at 3:22 pm #4562377

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I would love to be able to give you an exact time estimate but unfortunately, I have no idea at this point.

Probably in a few weeks, it will roll out.

Kind regards,
Mihai

September 16, 2019 at 10:45 am #4579145

davidN-51

Sorry maybe my question was not very good.

What I mean to ask is whether it is a problem I go ahead and select "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation and always load .mo files as backup "? When your 4.3 update arrives will that be an issue if I have done that?

I can of course wait for yur update, if you think that is a better move.

September 16, 2019 at 6:38 pm #4583211

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I'm happy to clarify 🙂

No, it will not be an issue if you activate that option right now.

You can do that right now, just make sure that you follow the steps I recommended in point 1 and point 2 above.

That would be all.

Kind regards,
Mihai

September 17, 2019 at 5:43 am #4585661

davidN-51

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!