This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 5:50 am #2777178

maudG-2

Hello ,

I have just installed all the necessary plugins to translate website. I want to keep quantity and price common for all the products .I have already added many products in both languages(French and English).
I want you help to do that how can i do the same with all the existing product without affecting current website. Website is live..

Awaiting for your answer.

Thanks,

October 1, 2018 at 8:02 am #2777301

maudG-2

Awaiting For reply

October 2, 2018 at 5:55 am #2780375

maudG-2

I need help. I can't save translation,Please reply asap

October 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm #2782312

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I will be helping you.

You wrote: "...I want to keep quantity and price common for all the products "

Normally, WCML (Woocommerce Multilingual) will protect the custom fields associated with price and stock and set their translation configuration as "copy".

This means that all translated products will synchronise their respective values for these custom fields to the value that is set in the original language product. This is set automatically when you install the WCML plugin.

If you already have products created and then you create translations, this field will be copied over when an update to the original product is detected. At this point, all postmeta information that is set to "copy" will be syncrhonised/copied over to the translated products upon saving/updating the translated product.

Doest his answer your question?

October 3, 2018 at 7:24 am #2783665

maudG-2

Hello Yvette,

Thanks for reply.

When i try to add new product and try to save translation it does not save. It is showing "saving.... " .
So problem is when i try to save transaltion for new product or existing product.
Existing products are duplicate of original products.(Original is French and English is Duplicate)

Pleas reply asap.

Thanks

October 3, 2018 at 7:32 am #2783724

Yvette
Supporter

I would need to troubleshoot this behaviour on your site.

1.Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

2. Please send a SPECIFIC example/product for me to see the behaviour.

3. Install and activate the ARI Adminer plugin.

October 3, 2018 at 1:19 pm #2784647

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I believe there is a conflict with some plugin on your site.

Could you please confirm that if you temporarily deactivate all non-WPML plugins except for Woocommerce, that you are still unable to create a translated product?

If you are still not able to save a translation, please then also try temporarily changing your active theme to Twenty Seventeen.

In this minimal state (Twenty Seventeen theme with only WPML plugins and Woocommerce active) are you STILL not able to save a translation?

I wait for your feedback.

October 4, 2018 at 7:02 am #2786526

maudG-2

Hello Yvette,

I have tried all the suggestions you have mentioned , Still not able to save translation.

Thanks

October 4, 2018 at 12:31 pm #2787493

Yvette
Supporter

OK. So there is something wrong with the database.

Please install and activate the Duplicator plugin. I will then enter and take a snapshot of your site to debug on our local server and possibly escalate to our 2nd tier support group.

Please let me know if I have your permission to do this and when I can enter to take the snapshot.

October 5, 2018 at 4:33 am #2789559

maudG-2

I have installed and activated Duplicator plugin .

Yes ,You have permission to do this. Please do it asap.

Thanks

October 5, 2018 at 8:19 am #2789850

Yvette
Supporter

I am no longer able to connect to your system. Please check that the login details are still valid and working.

I wait for your news

October 5, 2018 at 12:16 pm #2790671

maudG-2

I have checked detail.Details are valid and working. Please try to login.

I thinks it stops working as we deactivate running theme and activated twenty seventeen theme. should activated original theme again?

October 5, 2018 at 8:44 pm #2791646

Yvette
Supporter

Yes, after testing you can set your themes and pluigins back to normal.

I just tried again - cutting and pasting the username/password. It still says

ERREUR : les cookies sont bloqués en raison d’un retour inattendu. Pour obtenir de l’aide, veuillez lire cette documentation ou essayez les forums d’entraide.

October 6, 2018 at 9:05 am #2792631

maudG-2

Please try now. I have activated original theme ,now it is working.

October 8, 2018 at 7:37 am #2794931

Yvette
Supporter

I regret that I still cannot connect...this time it does not even connect to the database to give me a login screen (see image)

I wait for your instructions.