This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by elhumJ 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 18, 2018 at 2:03 pm #2828213

elhumJ

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have just switched my WP site to a new theme -Gridlove byMeks. With previous theme I was using Polylang but I want to replace it with WPML as the theme developers say WPML is better and more compatible, plus I think there will be additional benefits to your plugin.My site is currently only in two languages (English and Persian). What is the best process for transitioning from the Polylang plugin to your plugin (e.g. should I delete the farsi pages and / or the polylang plugin before installing your WPML plugin?) Please can you advise me as to what would be the best process to follow?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

October 18, 2018 at 4:34 pm #2828843

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

We have developed the “Polylang to WPML Importer” plugin to help achieve the migration in just a few minutes.

You are welcome to follow the nice step-by-step tutorial on how complete the whole process here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/migrate-polylang-wpml/

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 18, 2018 at 11:18 pm #2829799

elhumJ

Thanks for this. So I have now installed wpml and really like the look of it so far. However, I’m having problems getting the homepage working in both languages. I can get it working in English (my default language) but when I create the second language homepage (Farsi), it won’t work. I think it is unable to deal with the cover area layout when in the second language as I can get it to display most things except for this. Do you think you help with this?

October 19, 2018 at 2:54 pm #2832478

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

From what I can see, the homepage is translated in both English and Persian.

Can you please explain a little more what you are trying to accomplish? Or you already managed to solve it?

Also, sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 19, 2018 at 9:23 pm #2833100

elhumJ

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!