Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.74 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by susiB 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
February 28, 2019 at 9:33 am #3254397

Andreas

Hi, I have problems with the following issue:

I have the Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in:
.../plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/taxonomy-term-translation/wpml-term-translation.class.php on line 38
.../plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-element-translation.php on line 247
.../plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-element-translation.php
.../plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-element-translation.php on line 258
.../plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-element-translation.php on line 262

and additionally:

Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects parameter 2 to be string, object given in .../wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1172

It is a Theme extra building Menu (for restaurants) sorted in Sections. E. Starters/Fish Soup

Theme: Linguini (hidden link)

Could you help?

Findest regards, Andreas

February 28, 2019 at 10:55 pm #3257648

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

we have recently released a new version of WPML , if possible please update to the latest version and let me know your results

-> https://wpml.org/downloads/

March 1, 2019 at 7:46 am #3258750

Andreas

Hi Bobby,

I've updated to 4.2.4. Still the same problem ...

March 1, 2019 at 7:48 am #3258752

Andreas

Here the screen ...

March 1, 2019 at 10:00 pm #3263256

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

if possible i would like to take a closer look

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

March 2, 2019 at 1:31 am #3263413

Andreas

Maybe, by the way, my old problem: I've set up the site with an _en template in _de, WPML give me the _de term as _en origin. I've found the solution sometimes but during the changes in WMPL (and maybe the lack in my brain) I always forgot how to solve this problem.

I have this issue only in "old school template" like this.

Can you assist my in this case too?

Thanks in advance, Andreas

March 4, 2019 at 6:18 pm #3270302

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

For the meantime i have removed the warning with the following code within your wp-config.php

ini_set('display_errors','Off');
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL );
define('WP_DEBUG', false);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

It seems that this is related to your Menu's taxonomies , did this issue start recently with the latest version of WPML ?

i am aware that we had some changes done with the taxonomies , i will do some further testing and update you , as your theme developers mention that they are compatible with WPML but at the moment i do not see them listed as a verified compatible author therefore some changes in the latest version of WPML might require them to update their compatibility

March 4, 2019 at 7:25 pm #3270459

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Andreas ,

i can confirm that this seems to be a compatibility issue between the Theme and the 'menu' taxonomy.

Warnings and Notices in WordPress will not cause your site's function to halt at any time therefore they do not pose a thread to the way your site or plugins are functioning.

It seems that i was able to safely remove these warning as mentioned above.

can you please confirm that everything is working well now ?

additionally do you remember which version of WPML you were using before this warning appeared ?

additionally i suggest contacting the theme author if you still have support from them as well as they claim to be compatible with WPML and they might be able to quickly resolve this from their side ( we do not currently have any communication with them but i believe they are familiar with our practices)

also regarding your template issue , we can create a new ticket if needed to further test it, if possible please provide me with some more inforation so i can better understand how i can replicate the issue.

March 4, 2019 at 10:19 pm #3270709

Andreas

Hi Bobby,

thanks for your perfect matching solution. As you can see, the theme (and also my 1st setup for the client) is from 2013. I don't work with this kind of theme normally today. I saw that the frontend function was already ok. Only the backend for the client was not so smart.

The WPML Version I've updated was the actual version around 2 or 3 weeks ago – not sure what version exactly. Before, it was WPML version more than 3 years ago (last update of the whole system).

For me, this situation (solution) is perfect. I hope getting no further problems with this installation.

Thanks for all your help.

Kindest regards from Lake Ammer, Bavaria to CA,

Andreas

March 4, 2019 at 10:21 pm #3270710

Andreas

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Andreas

July 31, 2019 at 5:19 pm #4317027

susiB

I've the same problem with Enfold theme.
I've the lastest version (theme and wpml).
Could you help me?