This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
April 26, 2019 at 1:38 pm #3691019

marianP-3

Just received this message:

There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

Would be great to get this sorted! Thanks

April 26, 2019 at 11:12 pm #3693537

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

April 30, 2019 at 1:21 am #3707081

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your credentials. We will check this and soon we will contact you.

Thank you.

April 30, 2019 at 4:32 pm #3713613

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

I've tried accessing your FTP and it looks like the credentials are now incorrect? I tried to access your FTP and it looks like the credentials are now incorrect. When I try to log in, this is the error message displayed:

Status:	Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command:	USER *****
Response:	331 Password required for *****
Command:	PASS ***
Response:	530 Login incorrect.
Error:	Critical error: Could not connect to server

Please, could you check the credentials of FTP? This is important so that we can fix the problem. You can edit your private message above - which appears highlighted.

Thank you.

May 1, 2019 at 5:29 pm #3719145

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

This is Andrey here. Bruno has handed your ticket to me. I'll help you to fix this issue.

Since I need only the database for patching. Could you please prepare a dump (copy) of your database? You can upload it somewhere or let me know where I can take it.
After the patching is done you can import it back.

The next reply is set as a private.

May 3, 2019 at 11:30 am #3733827

Andrey
Supporter

Thanks, I have patched your database. You can import it back. In the next private reply, you'll find the link to download the database.

Make sure to take a full backup before importing it.

May 8, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3766927

marianP-3

Hi,

Thanks for the patched database - I just tried to import it using phpmyadmin, but I am getting an error message (see photo). I checked online and people seem to think this error is to do with the version of php in use? Or am I missing something here...

Many thanks!

May 9, 2019 at 11:33 am #3775611

Andrey
Supporter

Hmmm.... I'll make new exports using different ways and attach them here (in the next private reply).

May 9, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3776819

marianP-3

Hi Andrey,

Thanks again for the patched databases you attached - on the first file I received the same error message as last time and on the second a different error (see attached). I've been reading up that it could be to do with the export and import format options could be causing the problem - could you add a private reply option so I can upload a new database export that is compatible with MYSQL40 to be patched?

Many thanks again for your help, much appreciated

May 9, 2019 at 3:10 pm #3777619

Andrey
Supporter

Thanks for the update. Sure, the next reply set as a private.

May 14, 2019 at 12:14 pm #3806621

Andrey
Supporter

This time I'm getting the following error when importing:

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 28: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1' at line 14

I noticed that you have an old version of MySQL installed on the server. I guess it might be a reason why you can't import.

Is it possible that you update the MySQL to a recommended version? After, try to import the previous files or make a new export for me.

I set the next reply as a private.
https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

May 15, 2019 at 1:48 pm #3817253

Andrey
Supporter

Let's do the other way around. Once you update MySQL on your server. Please send me a new database dump. I set the next reply private. Afterward I patch it and send you back only some tables to import which has been affected (not the entire database).

The topic ‘[Closed] Warning message String Translation’ is closed to new replies.