This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 22, 2019 at 2:46 pm

sergioE-2

I am trying to: I have a error in the checkout page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the page without the error

Instead, I got: Warning: sprintf(): error

July 22, 2019 at 9:33 pm #4261457

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

I can see that the warning is coming from your Child theme

Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /usr/home/welovewebs.com/web/dev/sanfernando/wp-content/themes/motors/inc/woocommerce_setups_rental.php on line 578
RESUMEN

Warnings and Notices in WordPress will not cause your site's function to halt at any time therefore they do not pose a thread to the way your site or plugins are functioning.

you can safely remove these warning by doing the following

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', false);

or

ini_set('display_errors','Off');
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL );
define('WP_DEBUG', false);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

July 23, 2019 at 7:27 am #4263297

sergioE-2

Hey Bobby thanks for you respond.

The child theme is not motors, the child theme is motors-child

I alredy try the solution of change the WP_DEBUG, or insert the new code before asking here and its not working

When i deactive the plugin of wpml the website work without problems.

July 23, 2019 at 8:56 pm
July 24, 2019 at 7:08 am #4270891

sergioE-2

Hey Bobby thanks for the help.

Is there any way to fix the errors and not just hide them?

This is the respond of the theme support:

Hi,

We have checked your site and detected that your site has conflicts with WPML plugins [screenshot] After we turn them off, your site is working properly. And we did some test orders to check it [screenshot] -> hidden link

Please note that our theme is compatible with the WPML plugin, you can check it out by visiting their official site. -> https://wpml.org/theme/motors/

You need to correct the WPML theme localization and some settings to fix the problem.

Following links may help you:
=> https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/
=> https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

If you have any difficulties with translation, please contact WMPL plugin authors, they should solve your translation requests

regards

July 24, 2019 at 8:52 pm #4277533

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

I am currently testing this on a sandbox environment to escalate it to our compatibility team to take a closer look at the issue.

NOTE : it seems that deactivating WPML String Translation resolves the warning therefore we need to further test this.

if possible please provide me the steps i need to take to generate the confirmation page as you have it on your site as i am not able to do this on the sandbox environment as you can see here

hidden link

this will allow our compatibility team to be able to reproduce the issue and further test it in order to provide a solution

please find the access details in my previous private message

The topic ‘[Closed] Warning: sprintf():’ is closed to new replies.