This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nabilB-4 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 23, 2019 at 12:37 pm #4623925

nabilB-4

Hi,

I tried to register and activate wpml but I can't access to my website anymore. I'm getting this error message.

Warning: Use of undefined constant REQUEST_URI - assumed 'REQUEST_URI' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)

Details of the error:
======================
Une erreur de type E_ERROR a été causée dans la ligne 23 du fichier /home/aromairc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/46795_WPML_v3.7.1/classes/class-wpml-config-update-integrator.php. Message d’erreur : Uncaught Error: Class 'WPML_Config_Update' not found in /home/aromairc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/46795_WPML_v3.7.1/classes/class-wpml-config-update-integrator.php:23
Stack trace:
#0 /home/aromairc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/46795_WPML_v3.7.1/classes/class-wpml-config-update-integrator.php(52): WPML_Config_Update_Integrator->get_worker()
#1 /home/aromairc/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WPML_Config_Update_Integrator->upgrader_process_complete_event(Object(Plugin_Upgrader))
#2 /home/aromairc/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#3 /home/aromairc/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /home/aromairc/public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-plugin-upgrader.php(316): do_action('upgrader_proces...', Object(Plugin_Upgrader), Array)
#5 /home/aromairc/public_html/wp-admin/includes/ajax-actions.php(4192): Plugin_Upgrader->bulk_upgrade(Array)
#6 /home/aromairc/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): wp_ajax_update_plu

September 24, 2019 at 12:15 am #4626869

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

I noticed that apparently you are using the plugin as a different slug than expected. You are currently using the plugin with the directory name as "46795_WPML_v3.7.1" the correct should be "sitepress-multilingual-cms".

Please, could you rename the directory to use the correct name and check if the problem persists? You can use FTP to rename the directory.

If the problem persists, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using?

Thank you.

September 24, 2019 at 10:51 am #4630765

nabilB-4

I did what you suggested, the problem is persisting. I wpml and downloaded the latest version, same problem.

WordPress 5.2.3 running Konte theme.

Let me know if you need ftp access or other details. Thanks.

September 24, 2019 at 11:06 am #4630911

nabilB-4

Found this online and it works.

Thanks 🙂

$path = $_SERVER[‘HTTP_HOST’] . $_SERVER[REQUEST_URI];
to

$path = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];