This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Attributes swatches are not showing on the translated products.

Solution:

While on the attribute's term editing screen press to show the translation. Then on the other language translation of that attribute's term check the 'Enable swatches' option and press the 'Update' button. Now the swatches should also show on the English product.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by luis-adrianZ 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 6, 2018 at 12:53 pm #2282579

luis-adrianZ

I have a problem with attributes in Woocommerce and WPML for a multilingual website.

I have a website in Spanish main language and in English. My Spanish attributes show in swatches because the theme brings the option, but the translated in English doesn’t show in swatches, it only lets me to translate the strings and that's all.

Where can I activate the swatches in the translated attributes to see them in both languages?

Thank you!

June 7, 2018 at 7:10 pm #2397716

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Please try the following.
While on the attribute's term editing screen (product-att-es.jpg screenshot) press to show the translation (mostrar). Then on the English translation of that attribute's term check the 'Enable swatches' option and press the 'Update' button.
Now the swatches should also show on the English product.
Is it working for you?

Regards,
Itamar.

June 7, 2018 at 10:31 pm #2398333
luis-adrianZ

Thank you so much Itamar. It works nicely! But I have another problem with this. When I try to add to cart a variable product with size and color, it dissapear from the cart and shows an error.

You can try it in: hidden link selecting size and color and adding to cart.

I'm gonna send you a screen print.

New threads created by Itamar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-an-error-when-adding-a-var-product-to-the-cart/

June 8, 2018 at 3:23 pm #2400691

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.
As the original issue is resolved, I've split this into a new ticket.
Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.
I would like to ask you please to mark this as resolved.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 8, 2018 at 4:47 pm #2400856

luis-adrianZ

Of course!