If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 week, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 14, 2019 at 9:20 am

Martin Lafond

Hi,

After updating my to recent WC Bookings, and after debugging, I have this issue.

Debug setup (all up to date): twenty nineteen theme, WC, WC Bookings, WC Memberships, WPML suite. Nothing else active.

Issue: when adding a booking product to cart, (no matter its price or manual currency price set up in admin), it appears at $1 in cart or checkout.

Setup A: If I disable WC Memberships, the issue is gone. Really weird but true! (I haven't restrict anything in any bookable products with memberships, I need it for my LMS content).

Setup B: If I disable WPML suite, but keep WC Membership the issue is gone.

So I think this clearly shows a weird incompatibility between WPML, WC Bookings and WC Memberhips..

Can you have a look please? This is a staging site, you can play with anything.

Test product: hidden link

Thank you!

October 14, 2019 at 9:46 am
October 14, 2019 at 2:29 pm #4751063

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

I tried to reproduce the issue here:

hidden link

but it seems I can't reproduce. If I try to book the test product I created (hidden link) the price is always the same.

Could you please check if I'm missing something? If additional steps are needed to reproduce the issue, it might help the developers understand where is the problem.

October 14, 2019 at 3:00 pm #4751299

Martin Lafond

Hi Laura,

Thank yo for quick support! Indeed I went to your sandbox site and no matter what I do (setting product exactly as mines) there are no issues..

I don't get it I try installing again WC, WC Bookings and WC Memberships on my staging site and the issue keeps happening. This is so weird!

Is there a way I can backup my string translations and test with a setup like if hadn't translated any string?

Same can I reset the post type / custom post type translations? (and keep a backup that can put back again if the issue is not from there?

Thank you!

October 14, 2019 at 3:33 pm #4751627

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

you can export the strings from the String Translation page, in the section "import/export .po".

Just select the domain where your strings are and export them, and reimport them in the same way.

For the post type content, you might use WPML All Import, but please notice that you'd need to export and import the original language as well, or the translation won't be linked.
Please check our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

October 15, 2019 at 3:28 pm #4758741

Martin Lafond

Hi Laura,

After hours of cross-testings, I finally found that this issues happens in the Switching currency options in WC > WC Multilingual > Settings tab > Cart section > Switching currency.

A. If the option "Synchronize cart content when switching currencies" is set, booking products added to cart have their price going $1 (or £1 etc. no matter which currency is set).

B. If I chose "Prompt for a confirmation and reset the cart", the issue is gone.

Interesting/weird facts: when issue happens (option A):
- it only happens when WC membership plugin is active (even if not related with any membership).
- it happens even though we are not switching currencies.
- it happens even with "Calculate costs in other currencies automatically" is set in booking products.
- it wasn't happening with WC Bookings 1.14.1 (previous version I had).

I would like to hear your thoughts about this. I currently set option A on your sandbox site so you can check.

Also, please leave ticket open as I remember choosing option A for a reason as option B was causing other issues on my production website.

Thank you!

October 16, 2019 at 8:00 am #4763127

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

thanks a lot for the extensive testing. This seems like a compatibility issue so I escalated the ticket to our 2nd tiers.

Could you tell me what issue was caused by selecting the other option?

October 21, 2019 at 12:50 pm #4794643

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

we released WPML 4.3.0 today. Could you try to update and see if this solves the issue?

October 27, 2019 at 2:59 am #4833483

Martin Lafond

Hi, sorry disn't get the time to check/test new version. Please (robot) give a few more days to test it.

Cheers!

October 28, 2019 at 7:11 am #4836393

Laura
Supporter

Sure, no problem.

November 8, 2019 at 2:46 pm #4914205

Martin Lafond

Hi sorry on holidays, need more time to test things with new versions when I'm back. Thanks

November 8, 2019 at 3:11 pm #4914343

Laura
Supporter

Ok, thanks for the update.