Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
October 11, 2020 at 12:23 pm #7206855

Fabio Fava

I am trying to: sell using WooCommerce and Stripe

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Checkouts should be proccessed via WooCommerce and Stripe.

Instead, I got: Select and buy any product, on payment Stripe receives "no currency type" on the orders on the logs. Disabling multi-currency it works fine and orders go through.

October 14, 2020 at 12:35 pm #7227709

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

Would you please kindly give us more detailed information on what is happening?

Is the stripe payment method not available at all on the checkout page?

I wonder where you see the error "no currency type"?

At the moment I suggest that you follow the steps below:

- Create a backup of your website. You can use backup tools from WordPress: https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/backup/
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add new > Commercial (tab).
- Update WPML to version 4.4.4 and its addons including Woocommerce Multilingual to the latest version.

For more information:
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#automated-updates

I also suggest that you check for a plugin conflict:

- Create a backup of your website. You can use backup tools from WordPress: https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/backup/
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and deactivate all plugin except WPML and it's add-ons, Woocommerce and Wooocmmerce Multilingual, and the stripe gateway plugin.
- Check if you can still recreate the issue.
- If not, re-activate your plugins one by one and check the issue each time to find out the plugin that causes the problem.

Thank you.

October 14, 2020 at 1:26 pm #7227851

Fabio Fava

Hey there, thank you for your reply.

First: Stripe is working fine, as everything. If I turn the Multi-Currency option ON, immediately my WordPress is sending the orders without a currency ID, so Stripe refuses. Turn Multi-Currency option OFF, all works fine. ON, no currency. OFF, all works fine.

So it's absolutely not a plugin conflict case. WPML WooCommerce Mutilingual -> Multi-Currency - has a bug that avoids WordPress sending the Currency ID to Stripe. That's the bug.

I hope a fix come soon, please keep me posted, thanks!

All WPML Plugins are to the latest versions available.

October 15, 2020 at 11:05 am #7235359

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. I checked your website and the WPML plugin is still not the latest version and I do appreciate it if you check for the plugin conflict as this will be the first step to make sure that we are on the correct path.

I do understand that you concluded that it might not be the case, but I insist that you do the plugin conflict test, and also update the plugin.

If the problem persists this might be a compatibility issue.

I created a minimal installation of WordPress, Woocommerce, WPML, and all necessary WPML add-ons.
You can access the WordPress dashboard using the link below:
hidden link

Kindly follow the steps below:

- Install your Stripe gateway plugin.
- Try to replicate the issue.

This will help us to report the probable issue to the compatibility team and solve the possible problem faster.

Thank you.

October 17, 2020 at 4:52 pm #7249521

Fabio Fava

Thank you Christopher,

I've updated all WPML plugins, but there was no update on the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin, wich is the one where the problem lies. There's absolutely no reason to start a new install, do plugin conflict test or whatever.

I use the WooCommerce official Stripe plugin. I've been on support with Stripe, and they've debugged that orders made - while Multi-Currency option is active - sends NO CURRENCY ID. This means Strip can't procces the orders, since it wasn't informed what currency used.

As soon as I deactivete ONLY THE MULTI-CURRENCY OPTION on WooCommerce Multilingual, everything works fine. So the plugin with a problem is WooCommerce Multilingual, and no other. There's no meaning to waste our time doing what won't help.

I'll keep looking forward on an update on WooCommerce Multilingual, thanks.

October 18, 2020 at 8:34 am #7251155

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

Unfortunately, unless we can replicate the issue on the minimal installation we can not report any issues to the compatibility team.

As I would love to help on this issue, I'd appreciate your cooperation to be able to get into the bottom of the problem.

I managed to install the Stripe Gateway plugin on the minimal installation and also added the multi-currency mode.

I set the Stipe testing mode and managed to order both in English (GBP) and Spanish (Euro) with no issues.

I translated a sample product so you can check yourself:
hidden link

So this shows that the problem is happening on your installation and not on the minimal installation.

I'd appreciate it if you check the minimal installation settings that I added in:

Woocommerce > Woocommerce Multilingual > Multi-currency

And:

Wooocmmerce > Settings >Payments > Stripe

Maybe, there is a setting that is missed on your installation.

If it is not possible to replicate the issue on a minimal installation we will need to duplicate your website to our server search for the possible issues if it is something that you are interested in.

Thank you.

October 21, 2020 at 7:48 am #7272365

Fabio Fava

Thank you for the infos, Christopher.

Unfortunately I can't start all over again to debug the product due to a tight working planning for the next 5 months. I can provide you a Staging Site with credentials, where you can debug, do a Plugin Conflict test or any other need you may have there.

Please provide me a secure form so I can send you the credentials, thanks.

October 22, 2020 at 4:23 pm #7287517

Fabio Fava

Hey Christopher,

At this point we can do 2 things:

1) You send me a private form so I can send you credentials to my App
2) You add cw@fabiofava.com to your Server so I can clone my App to it

Please let me know what choice you've made, then let me know, cheers.

October 25, 2020 at 8:12 am #7302215

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

I provided a private message where I explained how to clone the website to our server. If needed we can do it for you but you need to give us your assurance that you have a complete backup of your website so that if something happens you will have a point of restore.

If you give us the URL/User/Pass of the website that you have we can use the method I mentioned in the private reply to clone your website in our server.

Your next reply is private and you can share the information.

Thank you.

October 28, 2020 at 7:57 am #7323409

Fabio Fava

Hey there. Sorry but I can't afford time to do all that, I'm in a very busy moment.

Surely there's a bug on the WooCommerce Multilingual Plugin, as it disallows the currency to be declared to Stripe.

I hope it gets fixed soon. Cheers.

October 28, 2020 at 8:32 am #7323703

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Sorry to hear that you are unable to duplicate the website.

As mentioned we could not replicate the issue on a minimal installation and the stripe payment worked ok with the secondary currency on our installation.

As we can not delve into your installation to see why this is happening unfortunately we are not able to find the reason behind the issue that you are experiencing.

As we can not replicate the issue we are now in a situation that we can not help.

If you decide to duplicate the website at a later time to our server we will be more than happy to take a look into the issue.

Thank you very much.

The topic ‘[Closed] WC Multilingual Multi-Currency not working with Stripe’ is closed to new replies.