This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zsoltE-2 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
October 26, 2018 at 4:40 am #2851923

zsoltE-2

I am using WPML with woocommerce. Hungarian is the first language, English is second. All taxonomies are translated and all taxonomy in the same hierarchy in both languages. (on the right side of attached image).

I use woocomerce prodcut category widget and turn on to show products in hierarchy. (see top of image).

Hungarian widget works fine, but in English, there is a mix of product categories. First, it is not in hierarchy. Second, the order of terms is accidental. Third, some translated terms are missing.

I drew red lines to connect the matching Hungarian and English terms to show that the order is wrong, and also to show that some terms are missing in the English widget in spite of that it is translated.

Please give me help. I want that the widget show the same order and hierarchy in English as displayed in Hungarian.

October 26, 2018 at 8:36 am #2852368

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support again.

Sorry for the delay.
Today is the last day of the week and there is a long queue of tickets to be taken care of.

The problem is "In the secondary language, the product categories widget doesn't respect the hierarchy and all categories are shown as the top level." right?

This issue is related to a wrong count of terms inside the parent categories. In order to fix it, please perform the following steps:

1. Go to WooCommerce > status > Tools : hidden link
2. Switch to the second language in the admin toolbar language switcher: hidden link
3. Click on "Recount terms" in 'term counts' : hidden link

Note that it should be done for each secondary language (if you have other ones).

Let me know the results, please.

Regards,
Riffaz.

October 26, 2018 at 10:35 am #2852781

zsoltE-2

These steps solved my problem. Thank you.