Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When importing products with tags and categories, the translated tags and categories are not linked correctly.

Solution: This is resolved with the latest version of WPML All Import.

0% of people find this useful.

Author Posts
June 4, 2018 at 1:26 pm #2269272

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thanks for your patience while our developers continued to look into this.

For the first issue, our developer has provided the following workaround:

Solution:
1. Go to wp-admin > WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Settings and set to use the native WooCommerce editor instead of translation editor and save the changes.
2. Go to he translated product edit screen and click button "update". You can bulk update by selecting all products from the list of products pages and in the bulk drop down click "edit". Then update just one product, and all products should update.

This will resave the product and variations and the swatches plugin will be able to set its own metadata. Then the swatches will be visible on front end.

For the second issue, our developer was not able to reproduce, but he is using the latest WPML version 4.0. The beta version is available - would you be able to test this on your site with WPML 4.0? On the test site, when he deletes English attributes, he sees 0 for English and still 2 for German. So he is able to go to German and delete them and no issues in front end. If you see 0 for German, please try using the admin language switcher at the top of the page. If this second issue still is happening after these tests, let me know and I"ll open a new ticket, because this issue in particular is not related to WP All Import.

Please let me know your results.

June 5, 2018 at 9:34 pm #2277499

patrickJ-7

As for the first issue (compare to your notes above):

1) Native WooCommerce product editing screen is already set under wp-admin > WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Settings. Thus, there's no need for any changes to be made there.

2) As for your translated product edit screen and click button "update" I don't quite follow what you mean by this. Please be more specific by indicating a clear path as you have demonstrated under 1)

As for the second issue (compare again to your notes above):

Even if I'd upgrade to the latest 4.0 WPML Beta versions there's currently no new WPML All Import Beta version available. The only WPML All Import version currently available is 2.0.5 while my version (the one you gave me previously) on the test site is 2.0.6-b

Are you sure you want me to install all those different WPML Beta versions considering that there is no new WPML All Import version yet available? Frankly, I don't see how that would change and solve the problem.

Thanks!

June 6, 2018 at 2:01 pm #2284856

Lauren
Supporter

I have attached screenshots demonstrating the product updates.

The second issue is not related to WPML All Import, as mentioned above. Please test with latest release, which is now officially released and not just beta.

June 7, 2018 at 8:08 pm #2397830

patrickJ-7

FINDINGS:

I) After having upgraded to the latest WPML components (excluding WPML All Import 2.0.5!) BUG 1 (= on the foreign language frontend the standard WooCommerce dropdown still appears instead of the correct and expected WooCommerce Variation Swatches images) seems to be resolved. The standard WooCommerce dropdown is now gone, instead the correct WooCommerce Variation Swatches images appear as expected on the foreign language frontend using WP All Import.

IMPORTANT: Above scenario only works with the WPML All Import 2.0.6b version which you’ve submitted some time ago. Download link:
hidden link

Thus, please get in touch with your developer instantly to make sure that WPML All Import 2.0.6 becomes officially available.

II) Contrary to your statement, with above WPML components installed you can now delete product attributes on the backend in the default language. When deleting product attributes in the default language product attributes in other languages will get deleted as well thus resulting in a clean database. The same applies to product attribute labels (i.e. "Protection"). Thus, BUG 2 seems to be resolved as well.

NOTE: Yes, you must apply your described steps in order for WooCommerce Variation Swatches images to appear correctly on the foreign language frontend in case you performed any changes (i.e. editing, deleting) with product attributes and/or product attribute labels. However, one of your screenshots is redundant when using WP All Import. To see what's actually needed see the following two steps in the attachment.

We’re looking forward to the official WPML All Import 2.0.6 release asap as the current WPML All Import 2.0.5 component doesn’t work properly with WP All Import.

Thanks!
Patrick

June 8, 2018 at 12:50 pm #2400065

Lauren
Supporter

Hi Patrick, this is great to hear that WPML All Import 2.0.6 resolves these issues. I will let the development team know and as soon as the official release is available, I will update you here. Thanks for testing this for us.

June 25, 2018 at 3:42 pm #2433142

Lauren
Supporter

Just an update to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this ticket, and that the issue is resolved in the next release which is currently available on our site in the beta version. I'll update again here when the official release is available.

June 26, 2018 at 7:48 am #2434389

patrickJ-7

Contrary to your statement, I don't see any WP All Import Beta version yet on the WPML site under Downloads. Are you sure your developers are working on resolving the right WP All Import bugs?

And don't forget that those WP All Import bugs are also related to the ones as discussed here:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wrong-seo-title-seo-alt-text-content-in-foreign-language-after-wp-all-import/

June 28, 2018 at 2:53 pm #2441944

Lauren
Supporter

I just found out that the developers decided to skip beta and will release the official version next week. You can download the current version from here: hidden link

July 2, 2018 at 1:55 pm #2453933

patrickJ-7

This is to inform you that even with the latest WPML versions Product Attributes don't get linked. Reason being: Your developer simply didn't release the official WPML All Import version 2.0.6.

Observation: If you use all the latest WPML releases (along with WP All Import 2.0.5) Product Attributes don't get linked once imported automatically with WP All Import. Only if you use WP All Import 2.0.6-b1 do Product Attributes get linked when imported automatically with WP All Import.

1) How difficult can it be to release the official WP All Import 2.0.6?
2) Let your developer know that even when all Product Attributes are imported with WP All Import 2.0.6-b1, getting translated and then getting synchronized the black warning triangle still appears = Bug (see red arrow in attachment).

Solution?

Thanks!

July 5, 2018 at 12:12 pm #2467199

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Patrick,
I will be attending this ticket because our colleague Lauren is on vacations.

I just contacted the developers of WPML All Import and they expect to release the stable version next week. In the mid-time the best option is to keep using the beta version for the import.

Regarding the Warning Triangle, this seems to be a cache issue. Plese go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link -> Clear the cache in WPML option.

Best regards,
Carlos

July 5, 2018 at 12:35 pm #2467270

patrickJ-7

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your update.

1) Keep me posted as soon as the new WP All Import release becomes available for download.

2) As for the Warning Triangle: I did what you've written above. However, the Warning Triangle still shows up.

Solution?

Thanks!
Patrick

July 5, 2018 at 4:36 pm #2468419

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Patrick,

Did you created this attributes in the site or do you imported them too?

Regards,
Carlos

July 5, 2018 at 7:22 pm #2469112

patrickJ-7

Hi Carlos,

Since the beginning of this very first thread dating back to April 15, 2018 EVERYTHING circles (and only circles) around a fully automated WP All Import as we don't enter any values manually via the WordPress backend (we don't need the WordPress backend to add, edit and/or delete any data as all changes are made exclusively on various Excel spreadsheets which in turn are imported via WP All Import to reflect those changes on the WordPress backend). Thus, don't bother looking for bugs related to manual entries as this was never the issue in the first place.

Knowing what's at stake now, I strongly suggest you perform all sorts of automated WP All Imports yourself to fully understand why there are WPML bugs related to using WP All Import (including the Warning Triangle).

To make sure you fully understand what we are trying to achieve here (again and again and again...): Imagine having to import several thousand variable products in different languages, different pricing levels/user roles and currencies. I guess you agree with me that you are much better off using predefined Excel spreadsheets to automatically import all sorts of data (think of importing x > 100,000 Excel lines with one single click) instead of entering all these Excel lines manually via WordPress backend before entering your retirement age...

Again, you only want to use WP All Import to import all sorts of Excel spreadsheet data. Do you understand what we're trying to achieve here or do you still need more information?

Solution?

Thanks!
Patrick

July 5, 2018 at 8:15 pm #2469196

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Patrick,
Thank you very much for your explanation.

I actually asked because I think I saw differences between imported and manually created elements in WordPress in another tickets, that was the reason of my question.

I will consult my colleagues about this issue and I will get back to you as soon as I get an answer.

Thank you for your patience.
Best regards,
Carlos

July 6, 2018 at 3:57 pm #2471340

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Patrick,

There is a known issue with the taxonomies (attributes included) that when there are two taxonomy terms with the same name in a single taxonomy resulted in this issue that only one of them is listed for translation.

Could you check if there are two attributes with the same name and/or similiar slug?

Best regards,
Carlos