Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nikita 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
December 3, 2013 at 10:37 am #301425

Nikita

Hi,

Oh, great... =(
12 days of waiting just to know that it can't be resolved, nice...
Any thoughts of workaround?
I should probably create independent sites for each language and don't waste time and money (not cheap btw) for this raw product...

Best regards,
Nikita Merzlyakov
Hammerforce

December 3, 2013 at 10:53 am #301443

Dat Hoang

Hello,

At this time, the solution is still in progressing.

Thank you for your understanding.

December 3, 2013 at 12:42 pm #301501

Nikita

Is there any estimate of how long it will take to solve the problem?
Thanks!

December 4, 2013 at 3:57 am #301918

Dat Hoang

Hello,

I've got a good news.
Our dev has released a new beta recently.

We will send you soon.

Thanks.

December 4, 2013 at 8:37 am #302011

Dat Hoang

Hello,

I've sent the dev version of WCML3.1-beta2.

Could you check your inbox and install it in your site?

Please take note: backup your site before you install this version.

Thanks.

December 4, 2013 at 9:59 am #302097

Nikita

Hi!
Thanks for another dev version. But there is no 'I will manage the pricing in each currency myself' option in this version at all. There are only 2 options in WCML -> General Settings, Manage Currencies: 'No multi-currency' and 'Multiple currencies, independent of languages [BETA]'. Both of them are not what is needed.
I need:
1) Manage price for each currency manually (which was working fine in previous versions)
2) Either have shipping rates converted automatically depending on currency exchange rate (which was working only with 'Automatically calculate pricing in different currencies, based on the exchange rate' in previous versions) OR manage shipping rates manually for each currency.

Why you can't just use the code that converts shipping automatically for 'Automatically calculate pricing in different currencies, based on the exchange rate' option and copy it to shipping calculation for 'I will manage the pricing in each currency myself' option?
It doesn't seem to be such a great deal. I am not professional programmer though, so I may be wrong. Sorry if it is the case.

Best regards,
Nikita Merzlyakov
Hammerforce

December 5, 2013 at 4:53 am #302570

Dat Hoang

Hello Nikita,

Yes, it's not exactly like 'I will manage the pricing in each currency myself' because we've changed the way Manage Currency working.

You can read this approach here: http://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/

We are so sorry for this new approach does not fit your need.

Thank you.

December 5, 2013 at 9:32 am #302713

Nikita

Does it mean that 'I will manage the pricing in each currency myself' feature will not be present in new versions anymore?

December 5, 2013 at 10:50 am #302801

Dat Hoang

Hello,

As our roadmap, at least not for now the feature 'I will manage the pricing in each currency myself' will not have in our versions.
We will consider and add it back later.

Thanks.

December 5, 2013 at 12:35 pm #302864

Nikita

Great way to treat bug: just exclude feature that contains it. Congrats, good work! =)

Sad to read it, because it was one of the main points why I've chosen and purchased WPML and WCML for my project. Now I have to search for other suitable products or hire programmer who is able to fix this issue. Thanks!

Best regards,
Nikita Merzlyakov
Hammerforce

December 6, 2013 at 3:13 am #303205

Dat Hoang

Hello Nikita,

We are so sorry for that.

Thank you.

December 7, 2013 at 12:48 pm #303784

Nikita

It seems that I've found easy solution for this problem. It took only 1 hour to find it (and I am not a professional programmer!). WPML support failed to help me, so I had to find solution myself.
Now (finally!) we can manually manage item prices for each language and manually manage shipping rates for each language.
Solution is based on information from this article: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/
I use AWD Weight/Country Shipping plugin to calculate shipping, but I think this solution should work with any other shipping option. You just need to find appropriate keys for your shipping method in wp_options table of your MySQL database.

1) Create wpml-config.xml file with content:
<wpml-config>
<admin-texts>
<key name="woocommerce_awd_shipping_settings">
<key name="options" />
</key>
</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

(If you use other shipping method, you should find appropriate key names in wp_options table of your MySQL database)

2) Upload this file to /wp-content/plugins/awd-weightcountry-shipping

(Or to appropriate plugin folder if you use other shipping method. For standard shipping methods there is no plugins, but I think it's ok to upload this file to any other plugin folder that doesn't have such file already)

3) Go to WPML -> String Translations. Now we have here [woocommerce_awd_shipping_settings]options variable to translate. (Or appropriate variable for your shipping method)
Set manually shipping rate for other languages.

Nice! ^_^

PS: I haven't tested this solution much, so there is a chance of fail. But from what I've already tested it works perfect.

Best regards,
Nikita Merzlyakov
Hammerforce