This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sunshineN 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 15, 2019 at 9:19 pm #3820285

sunshineN

I am trying to: see traffic to Arabic site.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link

As the image shows we have ar as the Arabic default locale. Should it be something else like ar-eg? If I change the language of a browser like FF to Arabic it redirects fine. Should all browsers with any Arabic locale language redirect to our Arabic site?

May 16, 2019 at 9:28 am #3823859

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

I have set Arabic as browser language in Opera and Firefox. While visiting the site for the first time both browsers are redirecting to the Arabic section of the site. *Ar* is the default locale for Arabic in WordPress, please check this link - hidden link

Please make sure you have correct indexing in Google Webmaster Tools for your site. Because may Browser Language Redirect Affects Google Indexing.

Please read the following documentation for more details and let me know your feedback.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/how-browser-language-redirect-affects-google-indexing/

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 20, 2019 at 6:59 pm #3849815

sunshineN

My issue is resolved now. It turns out the Google Tag had to be regenerated. That did the trick. It was helpful to have him ensure the Arabic browser redirection was working. Thank you!