Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please note that we have an issue today with the Advanced Translation Editor showing a wrong notification > If you’re prompted with a “Site Moved or Copied – Action Required” banner, please select: I moved the site to this new URL

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
November 9, 2021 at 12:19 pm #9955663

alecosC-2

Hello, we are using BuddyPress with your plugin BuddyPress Multilingual plugin, having English as Primary language and Greek as Secondary.

We have 2 custom profile fields "Research" and "Publications" field labels, which were translated to Greek using your "String Translation" option. Unfortunately the field contents/values remain the same in both languages when updated, i.e. when updating the field value of Publications in Greek, the content remains the same in the English version.

How can the field content/values for each language be stored, viewed and edited accordingly?

Thank you!

November 9, 2021 at 12:59 pm #9956263

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

I have created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link

Please, help us to replicate it what you are trying to achieve in your site, in this way we can check if this is a compatibility issue.

Please note that we only need the plugin and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

Regards

November 9, 2021 at 1:22 pm #9956317

alecosC-2

Hello, website set.

The content of fields remain the same in both languages regardless of which language is edited in.

November 9, 2021 at 9:17 pm #9960031

alecosC-2

Hello, any follow up regarding the issue? Have you been able to check your sandbox website?

Thank you,

Petros

November 12, 2021 at 4:22 am #9979621

Andreas W.
Supporter

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello Petros,

I was able to recreate the reported issue and escalated it towards our compatilbity team which will work on a fix for this purpose.

As soon I have received an applicable solution I will be in contact.

Best regards
Andreas

November 28, 2021 at 1:14 am #10080655

Andreas W.
Supporter

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I am writing you to let you know that our developers are working on a fix for the reported issues which will be available in a future update for BuddyPress Multilingual.

For now I have to ask you kindly for some patience and have a look on the upcoming update for BuddyPress Multilingual 1.7

Best regards
Andreas