Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: On this website, both language are lockeed & no product show in WooCommerce Multilingual

Solution: The cause of the issue seemed to be a misconfiguration in WPML -> Settings -> Post Types Translation because 'Products' and 'Variations' post types were set to 'Not Translate'. Changing this configuration to 'Translatable' solved the issue.

I also sync the products in Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Settings tab -> Troubleshooting link.

Relevant Documentation:

50% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
November 27, 2018 at 2:58 pm #2944640

jonathanF-3

I am trying to: Edit some product pricing & description

Hi, we normally edit the original language directly in WooCommerce product, then for the translation we go in WooCommerce Multilingual.

On this website, both language are lockeed & no product show in WooCommerce Multilingual

November 27, 2018 at 5:36 pm #2945374

Amit
Supporter

Hi,

Can you please provide some steps and screenshots so we can better understand the issue? I am activating the private message box for you to add some more details too,

Thanks!
Amit

November 29, 2018 at 1:20 pm #2952118

Bruno

These fields that are with a lock are fields that will be synchronized with the language in which the product was created and so are not editable in the secondary languages.

If you want to edit them, access the product in the language in which the product was created and make the changes there.

That is, if you have created these products in English, some of these fields will not be editable in French.

You must access the original product (where it was initially created) and edit the desired content there, such as stock, SKU, etc.

Note: If you are seeing this lock on both languages, most likely these products were created in some other language (third language) and so are locked on the active languages.

Please make sure to edit the product in the language in which it was created. Also, check if any language is disabled in WPML > Languages. If so, this may be the language in which the product was initially created.

Thank you.

November 29, 2018 at 7:50 pm #2953868

jonathanF-3

Both language are locked. We didn't change anything on the site except a couple plugin upgrade (WooCommerce). No language are disabled.

We tried changing the main language of the site to French, or French Canada, hoping that it would give us back the access to the product in the original language they were created, but each time we change the site language (in settings - general) it automatically revert to "french".

November 30, 2018 at 7:04 pm #2957259

Bruno

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

December 5, 2018 at 7:18 pm #2971415

jonathanF-3

Yes, you can install duplicator & clone the site & test on a local environment

December 6, 2018 at 4:07 pm #2974904

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
My name is Carlos and I will be taking this ticket because my colleague Bruno is on vacations.

Before I create a copy of the site I would like to ask you to follow this steps:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins, specially WPML plugins. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link -> Click on 'Clear the cache in WPML' button and 'Set language information' button.
- Go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Settings tab -> Troubleshooting link -> Apply all the troubleshooting options.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Looking forward to your answer.
Best regards,
Carlos

December 11, 2018 at 3:43 pm #2989449

jonathanF-3

Hi Carlos,

we did all the above, nothing is working. We also lost all translated product ???

The english product are now all 404's, and product are no longer associated in the dashboard (all product are in the same language).

Permalinks are also screwed up.

We need somebody to actually log in the site & check what's going on.

December 11, 2018 at 6:23 pm #2989929

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you for your message.

I just double check the WPML configuration in the site and the products post type is to 'No translatable'. This is the cause of having all products in the default language. To change this please follow this steps:
- Go to WPML -> Paramètres -> Traduction des types de publication -> Set 'Produits (product)' and 'Variations (product_variation)' to 'Traduisible : affichez uniquement les éléments traduits' -> Save the changes.

Could you tell me if you can translate the products after the steps above?

Regards,
Carlos

December 11, 2018 at 6:28 pm #2989939

jonathanF-3

We didn't change anything on the site ! Why are the product & product variation suddently not translatable ?

Even with the option checked, if we go to "woocommerce multilingual" no product show there. We also lost all connection between ENGLISH <-> FRENCH post

December 12, 2018 at 5:56 am #2991718

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hello,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

At this point I don't have an answer. I just created a copy of the site to run futher tests in a local environment in order to isolate the cause of the issue and try to find a solution. If necessary I will escalate this ticket to our 2nd tier of support.

I will keep you updated about the evolution of this ticket.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.
Best regards,
Carlos

December 12, 2018 at 6:39 am #2991748

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

In order to solve this issue I need to change some settings and apply troubleshooting options in the site. I kindly ask you to create a full copy of the site before I apply this steps.

Please let me know when this is done.

Looking forward to your answer.
Best regards,
Carlos

December 13, 2018 at 2:46 pm #2998288

jonathanF-3

Yes of course backup is done you already asked this a few post ago. We also do 2 backup per day on this site, so you can proceed.

December 13, 2018 at 5:08 pm #2998859

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I just applied the changes in the site. Could you confirm that the issue is solved?

Regards,
Carlos

December 14, 2018 at 7:19 pm #3002894

jonathanF-3

Yes everything seems to be working fine now !

I would like to know what caused the issue & how it was resolved so I can do it myself in the future. This is an ecommerce site so not really ideal to have major problem for more than a week.