This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 2:47 pm #3704569

ACS TRADUCTION

we corrected some translations and imported them via the hub but it doesnt work
the site remains as it was before we changed.
scantech

April 30, 2019 at 4:23 am #3707801

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Are you trying to make corrections on already completed translations? or is the job still in progress?

If the job is already completed, I request you to send the job again to the translation service and make changes to update it properly.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar

April 30, 2019 at 7:09 am #3708499

ACS TRADUCTION

Hello
I am a translation service. The problem is the other way round. We changed the translation but when we uploaded them to the hub, and that our client updated as well on his side, the changes were not taken into account.

April 30, 2019 at 11:27 am #3710659

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Could you please follow the below steps and let me know if this helps:

- Go to WordPress Dashboard and sent the page that you correcting again to translation service.

- Now make corrections and complete the job.

- Fetch the job in the site, this should solve the issue.

Here is the current procedure to translate the pages/posts using translation editor:

- Users sent the job to translation services
- Translation service completes the job and sends it's back
- Once the job is completed, any updates on the job will not have any action.
- If you want to make any changes to the translation again, you will need to resend it again to translation services and follow the process again.

Thanks

April 30, 2019 at 11:54 am #3710767

ACS TRADUCTION

Hello
I am a translation agency ! My client didn't change anything in the source text, i changed things in the xliff files in the target and i uploaded again the files to the hub
can you please put me in contact with someones who knows about the hub?

April 30, 2019 at 12:13 pm #3710837

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

My client didn't change anything in the source text, I changed things in the xliff files in the target and I uploaded again the files to the hub

It's not possible to make changes and upload the xliff files again to the hub. Once you complete the translation and submit the xliff files for the first time, the status will be changed to "completed" and it's not possible to resubmit the same file, this is how the hub works.

I guess you are trying to make changes to the xliff files that are already uploaded as "complete translation", right?

Also, the source change really doesn't matter here, it's not possible to resubmit another xliff, a new job from the WordPress dashboard should be created to update things for the translations too.

Thanks

April 30, 2019 at 2:11 pm #3712097

ACS TRADUCTION

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

April 30, 2019 at 2:12 pm #3712101

ACS TRADUCTION

Hello,
However, i hope that i won't be charged twice ! please confirm

May 3, 2019 at 5:21 am #3730925

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am discussing this with our 2nd tier team and developers and will respond to you soon.

Thanks

May 6, 2019 at 8:16 am #3745775

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I just received confirmation from our 2nd tier and they mentioned that translation services will not be charged when updating the translation if there is no change in the original language content.

Thanks