This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kevinT-10 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
May 29, 2018 at 7:19 pm #2248063

kevinT-10

I am trying to: remove those errors after installed Wpml, but we can not found what wrong happened.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (only error in English)

I expected to see:
(1, logo can not be set default English homepage, because it changed to chinese home page when installed)
(2, the footer has one text as HOME in only English, but we did not set in footer, we cannot find where able to delete.)
(3, Very white height margin under the footer - but this error is Only appear in English)

Instead, I got: Please help us how to fix this errors, because we did not backup, can not go back original.

May 30, 2018 at 9:49 am #2249978

kevinT-10

Yes, i still need help

May 30, 2018 at 12:31 pm #2251060

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

(1 logo can not be set default English homepage, because it changed to chinese home page )when installed

1) If you have added logo from theme options

Then you can translate logo by following below steps:

- Go to WPML >> String Translations >> Translate texts in admin screens »
- Search for the theme_mods_yourtheme and expand it with the +
- Select logo URL/ID checkbox option
- Scroll all the way down and press the 'Apply' button
- Go to WPML >> String Translations
- Translate the string for the logo URL/ID, with your translated logo image.

2) If you have added logo through custom code in the theme and not used theme options then you can use translated logo through code.

It will be something like this:

$my_current_lang = apply_filters( 'wpml_current_language', NULL );
if(my_current_lang  == "en"){
//add the logo for en
} else if(my_current_lang  == "es"){
//add the logo for es
}

(2, the footer has one text as HOME in only English, but we did not set in footer, we cannot find where able to delete.)

It seems Home link is coming from Appearance >> Widget section. Can you please double check it.

(3, Very white height margin under the footer - but this error is Only appear in English)

You can fix this issue by adding following CSS in your theme’s or child theme css file:

.wpml-ls-legacy-list-horizontal.wpml-ls-statics-footer {
    display: none;
}

Thank you

May 30, 2018 at 5:48 pm #2252738

kevinT-10

thank you for your reply and help.

You may misunderstand the point 2.

Because we want to delete the text - HOME, (this text can not handle in CMS, we can not edit / add by us, due to is auto show here after upload WPML)
please see the attached image, >>> I would like to delete the text.

May 31, 2018 at 6:03 am #2254505

Noman
Supporter

Hello,

Inspect element showing ‘Home’ link inside same widget area where from contact info coming as you can see in attached screenshot. I think we can check widget area and remove that link.

If still issue persists, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

May 31, 2018 at 6:47 am #2254579

kevinT-10

Thanks your reply.

Could you just advise me, what is the path > file name, let us delete by myself.

I think we will delete shortly. (but we will backup first)

If meet any issue again, I will ask you help. Many thanks your professional help.

May 31, 2018 at 6:47 am #2254580

kevinT-10

Thanks

Could you just advise me, what is the path > file name, let us delete by myself.

I think we will delete shortly. (but we will backup first)

If meet any issue again, I will ask you help. Many thanks your professional help.

May 31, 2018 at 8:28 am #2254874

Noman
Supporter

Hello,

You may remove that text from Appearance >> Widgets and then check footer widgets content section as in attached screenshot

Or you can get rid of it by just adding following CSS in your theme’s or child theme css file:

footer .widget .textwidget blockquote {
    display: none;
}

Thank you

May 31, 2018 at 9:44 am #2255171

kevinT-10

Very nice service, support