This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 15, 2019 at 9:51 am #4026309

abinJ

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I've tried to translate pages and products to newly created language.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
WPML Doc

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

June 16, 2019 at 3:12 pm #4030923

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Could you elaborate, please on what precisely the issue that you are having while you are trying to translate pages and products to newly created language?
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

Also, I can see in the debug information that you have attached here that on your site, WordPress is not updated to its latest version. Please update WordPress to its latest version and check if the issue persists.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 17, 2019 at 9:52 am #4034107

abinJ

Hi,
The issue occurs when we translate products. Some products are showing as translated. but it is not available under the languages section. And also some of them are on waiting for translator status. Tried to complete it many times but not become a success. When we tried for an individual translation it is duplicating the product. The issue is only for products. Rest of the sections are working properly. Please see the screenshot

June 17, 2019 at 8:06 pm #4038373

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

It is not clear to me if you have updated the following.

A. WordPress.

B. WooCommerce.

C. WPML and its add-ons.

Can you please confirm that WordPress, WooCommerce, and WPML are updated on your site?

You wrote: "When we tried for an individual translation, it is duplicating the product."
What do you mean by duplicating the products?
What exactly is happening when you finish the translation?
Does it show as duplicated product in the editing screen of the product?
Please see the attached screenshot.
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

Regards,
Itamar.

June 18, 2019 at 5:30 am #4040311

abinJ

There are some plugins that are not compatible with the updated woocommerce and WordPress. So an update may cause issues on other functionalities of the project.

The translation was working properly for the 10 languages I've added. When I add a new language as 11 th language, the product translation is not working. As you can see in the screenshot1, I have tried to translate multiple products using the translation queue, But it ended up with the Finish translation status. I tried to finish the translation by following the respective links. But it is not getting completed. Please refer the screenshot 1,2 and 3

Hope a quick response from your end.Thanks in advance.

June 18, 2019 at 4:33 pm #4045295

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

Updating all the relevant plugins might solve the issue and is an essential debugging step.

Nevertheless, if you cannot update WordPress and WooCommerce and since I can see that the language that you are trying to translate into is also English but a custom English language that you have created I would recommend you to use the 'Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language' option. Since the content needs to be in English in this custom English language, you can set it to this option, and it will save you the need to translate the products. This can be done in WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation. You need to press the padlock icon on the 'products' post type and set to this option.

However, if you use the multi-currency option of WooCommerce Multilingual the currency would display correctly even if the product is set to 'Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language' and is not translated.

Please let me know if this is a good solution for you.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] We have an issue with WPML Page and Post Translation’ is closed to new replies.