Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
October 30, 2020 at 2:03 pm #7344041

joseR-42

This is a new website that we are designing hidden link

The problem here is that the domain.ch should be in German and main language but the theme is full WordPress theme is all in English.
Now we see that we don't have the opportunity to add hidden link because this actually the theme is in English and we need to translate to German
This mains the hidden link have to be our main language and the domain.ch redirected to hidden link.
How we can do it
Thanks in advance for your support
Pepe

October 30, 2020 at 5:08 pm #7345677

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Pepe,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. You can change the default language to German for your website in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Languages > Site Languages.

You can read the full details regarding the Language setup at https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/.

Please, let me know if you need any additional clarifications. Have a nice day.

Best Regards
Marcel

October 30, 2020 at 11:30 pm #7347657

joseR-42

Hi Marcel

Thanks, that's fine.
But I need to have this url hidden link English version and I cannot because the English is already used for this realimmomart.ch

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Pepe

November 2, 2020 at 9:26 am #7355903

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Pepe,

if you change the default language, your domain will point to German and /en endpoint point to English. This will work. Could you please try it? Don't forget a full backup before changing it.

Best Regards
Marcel