Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
September 25, 2019 at 11:15 am #4638125

krogerupH

We tried to update on a local development environment but keep getting this:

——

WPML is missing some records in the languages tables and it cannot fully work until this issue is fixed.
Please go to the Troubleshooting page and click on "Clear language information and repopulate languages" to fix this problem.

This warning will disappear once this issue is fixed.

——

Clicking on “Clear language information…” on the Troubleshooting page does not fix the problem, however.

Also, this message is showing:
WPML String Translation is enabled but not effective. Please finish the installation of WPML first.

September 25, 2019 at 12:11 pm #4638591

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I will try and help you resolve this issue but I will need some more information to figure out what’s happened.

As a first step, I have enabled “Debug Info” on this ticket. Please provide us with the “debug information” from your WPML Support page:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/#how-to-send-us-bug-reports

Next, please confirm that you have already completed installation of WPML and are actually updating an existing installation. Please also confirm that you have a default, as well as a secondary language selected from the WPML -> Languages page.

Finally, please open your database and look for table prefixed with “icl_”. Please confirm that the following tables all exist:

  • icl_strings
  • icl_string_translations
  • icl_string_packages
  • icl_string_pages
  • icl_string_positions
  • icl_string_status

I will provide you with some steps to try to fix the issue based on the information we receive from you.

September 25, 2019 at 12:45 pm #4638855

krogerupH

OK thanks. We have done the following

- deactivated wpml and related wpml plugins
- deleted same plugins from wp-content/plugins and replaced with newest versions
- activated wpml and related wpml plugins

Log attached

Yes, we had a working version of wpml, but after the update the default and secondary language are gone from the wpml -> languages page

The database tables are still there.

All of the above is in a test environment. Maybe the gap between 4.1.3 and 4.2.9 is too big? Thanks in advance!

September 25, 2019 at 1:50 pm #4639437

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

It sure seems like something did not go as expected during the update.

Let's try adding your secondary language back in, which should resolve some of the problems WPML is detecting.

Please respond to this with your new debug information after adding the secondary language. It will be sent to me securely and privately.

Thanks!

September 26, 2019 at 11:10 am #4645995

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

The live version and the updated version are not far enough apart to really cause this. The only thing I can suggest at the moment is that you start with a fresh copy of your live site and try the update process again. That would rule out something having happened on your local server during the update scripts.

As a next step, if that fails, you could send us a backup of your site so that we can set up a test site and investigate further. You can also set up a staging site yourself and give us access but obviously it can't be a site running locally on your machine.

To create a backup of the site, we recommend using a plugin like Duplicator:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

The topic ‘[Closed] We tried to update on a local development environment but keep getting this:’ is closed to new replies.