This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 17, 2017 at 2:09 pm #1255316

zaneB

I am trying to: View product attribute thumbnails with a different language selected. Tried disabling slug translations for attributes but it won't stop displaying them. for example, (zh-hans) for Chinese simplified, they won't go away.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: I want to have all attribute information copied over from english, but its not copying the thumbnail photos.

Instead, I got: It just show empty boxes

Steps to duplicate the issue:

April 17, 2017 at 9:08 pm #1255511

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

What is the plugin you are using to add these thumbnails to the product page?

Also, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

April 18, 2017 at 2:19 pm #1256154

zaneB

Plugin Name Status Active Version
WPML Multilingual CMS Installed Yes 3.6.3
WPML String Translation Installed Yes 2.5.2
WPML Translation Management Installed Yes 2.2.7
WPML Media Installed Yes 2.1.24
WooCommerce Multilingual Installed Yes 4.1.2

Word Press Version 4.7.3

Hi,

It’s not an issue with the attributes plugin that shows visual thumbnails, we just want to disable the custom zh-hans slugs (or any extra translation slugs for other languages).

We'd tried checking/unchecking some boxes but it didn't seem to work.

Thanks,

April 18, 2017 at 6:25 pm #1256385

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

It’s not an issue with the attributes plugin that shows visual thumbnails, we just want to disable the custom zh-hans slugs

Are you referring to the language code: ?lang=zh-hans?

If so, it is not possible to remove the language code from the URLs. It is through these codes that WPML knows what language the user is accessing the page.

In your first post, you posted: I expected to see: I want to have all attribute information copied over from english, but its not copying the thumbnail photos.

If this is not what you are asking, can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

April 19, 2017 at 2:20 am #1256569

zaneB

The problem is with the altered product attributes' slugs.

For example we have a product with different colors: hidden link

The different color attributes don't show because their slugs are turned from e.g. "neon-green" to "neon-green-zh-hans". See attached image.

We don't want the color attributes slugs to have the language iso added to them. We want to use the original not translated slugs everywhere and just translate the attribute name.

We tried changing the slugs back from "neon-green-zh-hans" to "neon-green" in attribute edit page but the items don't save.

April 19, 2017 at 5:44 pm #1257395

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you for the explanation. I now understand what you are reporting.

This does not seem to be just the slug. These attributes must be translated into the secondary language as well.

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] We turned off slug translations, but they are still displaying.’ is closed to new replies.