This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 29, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4480851

yuvalt

I am trying to:
Delete a certain language (hi)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
not relevant since I reverted so you won't be able to see any error

I expected to see:
No more Hindi related pages/posts

Instead, I got:
We read that the best practice is to manually delete all pages/posts/custom-types.
After a bulk delete, when we navigate to the frontend everything is messed up and all inner pages returns 500 errors.

We tried to decrease the amount of items to bulk delete (first it was 100 and the last time it was 30) and it still not working.

We tried to check/solve the issue with WPEngine with no luck (also disabling the WP Governor)

We know there's an option to use PHPMYADMIN to run a simple line:

DELETE FROM wp_icl_string_translations WHERE language = "hi"

but it does seems to remove everything but we noticed a lot of weird things like in taxonomy of another language now holds additionaly the "xxxxx-hi" prefix so. Tried everything in the troubleshoot with no success.

Thanks for your fast support!

August 29, 2019 at 12:46 pm #4480983

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I would like to ask you to follow the steps described in this link and let me know the results: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/delete-language/#post-1411520

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 1, 2019 at 6:16 am #4492117

yuvalt

Hey Carlos,

Tried that several times, in each time we tried to decrease the amount of items we do a bulk delete (first it was 100, we had the issue so we restored and tried 50, again messed up everything, restored and tried with 30 items and again- messed up).

Anything else you suggest us to do? we can run the mentioned about SQL in PHPMYADMIN but as I wrote- it leaves a lot of errors and we feel this is not the correct way to delete a language.

September 2, 2019 at 8:40 am #4495329

yuvalt

Any updates?

September 2, 2019 at 11:06 am #4496441

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

Could you describe what are the errors that you get when you do the deletion in bulk?
Attaching a screenshot with the issue might help to understand it better.

Regards,
Carlos