Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by drK-2 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 17, 2019 at 8:58 am #4586657

drK-2

How do we translate the cookie warning pop up? We also want to localize it based on the browser language of the users.

September 17, 2019 at 9:05 am #4586717

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I have fixed this issue by using our XML method and added the following XML code:

<wpml-config>
   <admin-texts>
        <key name="cookie_notice_options">
            <key name="message_text" /></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

In WPML >> Settings >> Custom XML Configuration section and now cookie popup showing correct translation at frontend. Could you please check and confirm?

Thank you

September 17, 2019 at 9:41 am #4587157
drK-2

That worked, thanks!

One more detail that is not working is the telephone number in the footer. We would like to localize that as well and effectively translate it.

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-telephone-number-in-the-footer/

September 17, 2019 at 10:35 am #4587741

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

To handle phone number translation issue, I have created a new ticket since this is a separate issue. Here is the link to the new ticket:https://wpml.org/forums/topic/we-want-to-translate-the-cookie-warning-pop-up/

If you current ticket issue is resolved, you may mark this ticket as resolved and we will continue to work on the new ticket.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

September 20, 2019 at 6:08 pm #4614039

drK-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!