This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 21, 2018 at 1:53 pm #2755361

alyS

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Nothing, just keep my site up and running but i get the following error multiple times and it crashes my site:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get_ac tive_language_codes() on null in /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 1355

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

September 24, 2018 at 4:12 pm #2761235

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

It looks like you are using an older version of WPML. Please update to the latest version. IF you are unable to update via the WordPress dashboard, you can upload the latest version manually by following these steps:

1. Ensure that you have a full backup for the site.

2. Log in to your WPML.org account and go to the Downloads section. Download the WPML components that you need. You will receive a ZIP file for each one of WPML’s components.

3. Deactivate the current WPML version that you are using. Be sure to deactivate WPML and all its components. Otherwise, the installation files may be locked and not writeable. Don’t worry, your translations are not going to be modified.

4. Delete the plugin, so that you can install the new version. Note: if you cannot delete from inside WordPress, use an FTP program to delete the folders of WPML and its components from wp-content/plugins.

5. In the WordPress admin, go to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and upload the ZIP files that you downloaded. Alternatively, if you cannot upload plugins directly to WordPress, unzip each file. A directory will be created. Then upload the unzipped directories to your site’s ‘wp-contents/plugins’ directory and overwrite the existing folders for WPML and its components.

6. Log in to your site, go to Plugins and activate WPML core first and then its components.

Please let me know if this resolves the error.