This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.18 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
July 15, 2019 at 1:19 pm #4211405

hesselK-2

My website is freezing slow it has amazon EC2 by bitnami has a google pagespeed score of 100/100 and today i enabled all languages and articels in all langs, and now it is so slow my adwords clients cant even load my site.

July 15, 2019 at 2:44 pm #4212331

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

The Duplicator copy has failed, as you can see in the attached image. And the chat was going to be closed because of disconnection.

Also as this issue will need further analysis, I believe it is better to be handled in a forum thread rather than a chat session. You may still open a chat discussion at any time and ask any of my colleagues to ping me. But this analysis will take some time. I'll first analyze in my local server. Then I will analyze again in one of our company servers that has the proper tools to profile it.

I would like to know what would be the difference, between the actual website and the backup that you will restore? Only the translation of 40 articles in Bulk?

As I was not able to build the Duplicator copy(i suspect timeout issue), would you please export a database dump and provide me with links to upload it, and a link to upload a zipped file of your themes and plugins folders inside wp-content. This would somehow be enough to rebuild the local copy, it will need some actions to replace old urls with new ones(our servers), which is easy when using Duplicator.
Anyway, the private area is activated to share links safely, and i'll do my best to get back to you very soon.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 15, 2019 at 3:25 pm #4212763

hesselK-2

oke so i have it now working again boost op storage and preformance and it now normal like 60/100 in google so 40 slower than this morning but for now oke, can you check if you can speed it up the website ?

July 15, 2019 at 3:38 pm #4212903

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

Sure, I'll log in and see what I can do. Will keep you updated.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 15, 2019 at 3:59 pm #4213141
hesselK-2

also i baught 120$ on translate words but all my translations still pending ---> hidden link can you see what is holding it up?

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-website-frozen-ferry-slow-after-enable-all-lang/

July 15, 2019 at 4:23 pm #4213261

hesselK-2

so all dutch articels must be made to all languases and links and names must be changed. automaticly

July 15, 2019 at 4:46 pm #4213469

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

From what I can see now, the website is responding very well either when using String translation or when loading directly from mo files as suggested by my colleague Laura. See the attached images for speed with and without String Translation.
I tested the homepage as logged out user and the posts list page in Dashboard, I believe these speeds are normal, even very fast for the homepage.
As an admin user, the homepage took around 10s, but this could be explained by the number of plugins activated for admin users but would need, of course, further debugging to understand why. For that, I'll need to take a Duplicator copy. I managed to create a copy, and I'll investigate it. This may take some time. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

About the translation of the articles in your last reply, and per our support rules (we are able to handle only one issue at the time). I created a new ticket and I will be posting my replies there.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 18, 2019 at 1:44 pm #4239297

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I run several tests on my local machine and in our testing server. Unfortunately, I was not able to test and profile frontend pages on our testing server. Except for the homepage, all pages are returning 404, when activating all the plugins, the homepage always redirects to your live server. So I run the frontend tests on my local machine.

During testing, W3 Total cache was always deactivated.

Consider the following results for the blog page /en/news/?layout=grid in my local machine.
All plugins activated: the page loads in 85s.
With the following plugins, the page loads in 8s.
- Custom Icons by Stylemixthemes
- STM Importer
- STM Post Type
- WPBakery Visual Composer
- WPML Media
- WPML Multilingual CMS
- WPML Sticky Links
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management

Without the following plugins, the page loads in 18s.
- All 404 Redirect to Homepage
- All-in-One WP Migration
- All-in-One WP Migration File Extension
- All-in-One WP Migration Unlimited Extension
- Duplicator
- JCH Optimize Pro
- Redirection
- Remove HTTP
- SSL Insecure Content Fixer
- STM WP All Import Addon
- UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore
- W3 Total Cache
- WooCommerce Multilingual
- WP-Optimize
- WPML All Import

Consider the following results for /wp-admin/index.php (Dashboard) in our test server.
With all plugins active:
With all plugins: the page loads in 6.21s
With WPML plugins deactivated: 4.82s
With only WPML plugins: 1.73s

We consider fine/expected that WPML adds 30% to the loading time. As a conclusion, I don't think WPML is causing any performance issues here. Maybe one or more of the redirection, optimization or SSL plugins is the cause of this performance hit.

If you want to visit our testing server, please add the following line to your hosts file to be able to reach it on jperf4visum.test

34.201.141.28	jperf4visum.test

hidden link

Feel free to run any tests on it and let me know what do you think.

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] website frozen ferry slow after enable all lang’ is closed to new replies.