This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
September 16, 2017 at 4:59 pm #1374116

michaelM-101

One of my clients websites was infected with malware links after I installed the WPML plugins so I don't really know how to say this but it's very sad that a big and wellknown plugin can cause this type of destruction on a site.

I had to spend 75 dollar to hire a security company for them to scan and clean all malware code. The security company explained that the vulnerability came from theese 4 plugins from WPML:

1. sitepress-multilingual-cms
2. wpml-media-translation
3. wpml-string-translation
4. wpml-translation-management

Keep in mind that I just installed WPML and started using it a couple of days ago so yes everything was updated. Can you please doublecheck your plugins because there can be a lot of clients of yours that are infected with malware virus on their websites.

September 17, 2017 at 1:53 pm #1374386

michaelM-101

Sorry the security team said it was due to a vulnerability in the theme and it spread into WPML so please remove this thread.