This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 22, 2019 at 11:37 pm #4071795

nkemdilimO

Hello we have reports showing 85 pages with redirect chains or loops as well as slow load times on translation pages

June 24, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4077301

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Could you perhaps provide me with more information about the issues? I'm not entirely sure what are you referring to when talking about "redirect chains or loops". Images and/or links will certainly be helpful.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 27, 2019 at 11:16 pm #4103149

nkemdilimO

Hello, I've attached screenshots, as well as for the slow load speeds we're getting back. Our SEO has started to decrease since we activated this plug in so I'm trying to figure out what is going on.

June 28, 2019 at 6:37 am #4104781

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

May I ask the following:
- for the performance issue, please create in your ticket as we are now profiling these issues in a different way, since there will be some major changes in how string translation work, focused primarily on performance issues

As for the redirections, can you answer any of the following:
- have you switched from HTTP to HTTPs recently?
- have you made any changes in the WPML language URL option (like switching from language parameter option to directories)?
- how did you render these results - are using some external service where we can check ourselves and interpret these results, or is this report available from WordPress dashboard?

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Website Issues’ is closed to new replies.