This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
January 2, 2019 at 6:51 pm

hooiC

I am trying to: when scrolling a page it overlaps with the menu header. this happens when the language is switched to Ireland english. i have not translated the strings etc as its all english - same as uk english(default english).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:the website menu should be fixed at the top when scrolling the page.

Instead, I got: overlapping menu header when scrolling a page on the webiste for Ireland

January 2, 2019 at 9:21 pm #3050627

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

When it comes to the Avada theme you can go to Fusion->Theme Options-> and from within the theme options choose different options per language

meaning that you can setup a sticky header for English and a non sticky header for Irish for example.

i went to Header->Sticky Header under the Irish language and set it to "off" and this resolved the menu issue.

January 3, 2019 at 9:48 am #3051792

hooiC

Hi Bobby

thank you for the suggested fix. the overlapping effect has gone. but when you scroll the page, you can't see the menu header anymore. see the 2nd screenshot from the current live site mylotus.com. you can see the menu(home, trying for a baby etc) even as i scrolled downwards. but for the fix you suggested in webdev mylotus.com(see 1st screenshot) the menu titles at the top can't be seen.

January 3, 2019 at 5:13 pm #3054005

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

i was able to find the issue here... this was being caused due to the menu contents exceeding the margin limits of your menu container that were set from your theme's developers meaning that the menu was too long.

The Irish menu was a bit longer than the English menu due to the language switcher containing the Irish English name twice.

i went to WPML->languages-> Language switcher -> edit it and unchecked the option " Language name in current language"

January 3, 2019 at 5:51 pm #3054182

hooiC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!