This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by j.f.l.v 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 26, 2018 at 12:40 pm

j.f.l.v

Hi All,

I created a new WordPress website with WPML. I completed the website and all translations of the website and everything worked fine.

I installed SSL on the server, I changed WPML settings from language per domain instead of language as /nl /es etc.. Also the site got CDN after this.

Now I go to the website, and it doesn't fully load. Also to back end of wordpress is crashing and getting stuck all the time.

I contacted my hosting, and they told me the WPML plugin is causing the website to crash. After turning the WPML plugin off. The website loads very fast and there are no problems. Turning WPML on and right away the website starts to crash again!

WPML was working perfect before the site went live. Only things that has changed between the time it worked perfect and after is:

-Changing site domain name to live domain
-Changing WPML to add domain per language. (spanish is .es , french is .fr etc..)
-Adding SSL certificate
-Enabling CDN on server site.

Could you please help me figure out why WPML is causing my site?

Thanks a lot for helping me!

Kind Regards Joery

----------------------------------

Plugin Name Status Active Version
WPML Multilingual CMS Installed Yes 3.9.4
WPML CMS Nav Installed Yes 1.4.22
WPML String Translation Installed Yes 2.7.3
WPML Sticky Links Installed Yes 1.4.3
WPML Translation Management Installed Yes 2.5.2
WPML Media Installed Yes 2.2.3
WooCommerce Multilingual Installed Yes 4.2.10
Gravity Forms Multilingual Not installed No n/a

Version 5.6.36-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
Memory limit 300M
Memory usage 123.73 MB
Max execution time 120s
Max input vars 4000
Utf8mb4 charset Yes
Multibyte String extension Loaded
SimpleXML extension Loaded

Version 4.9.6
Multisite No
Memory limit 300M
Max memory limit 300M

May 27, 2018 at 1:56 am #2234277

j.f.l.v

Small update from my hosting company.

Ive tested the site without CDN, and it's equally slow. SSL doesn't affect site speed, so the issue is entirely with the plugins and theme that are dragging down the site performance.

I took a look at the site's logs, and it looks like there are many slow errors which are bogging the site down and causing its connection to timeout. Here's the slow error portion of the log (which you can download for yourself from the site's 'Advanced' tab on the site's Flywheel Dashboard):

`slow_errors: 2616
slow_errors_common: [pool site-188286] script_filename = /www//index.php session_start() /www/wp-content/themes/dfd-native/inc/actions.php:72 dfd_start_session() unknown:0 call_user_func_array() /www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:286 apply_filters() /www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:310 do_action() /www/wp-includes/plugin.php:453 do_action() /www/wp-settings.php:453 +++ dump failed
slow_errors_common_total: 1288
slow_errors_common_themes_and_plugins: /wp-content/themes/dfd-native: 2022
/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce: 365
/wp-content/plugins/dfd-extensions: 330
/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms: 212
/wp-content/plugins/js_composer: 165
/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo: 76
/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual: 54
/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation: 16
/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management: 2`

I've gone ahead and bumped the memory and increased caching aggressiveness, but these measures don't seem to have helped a whole lot.

So the plugin is really causing these errors, do you have any idea what this can be, and more important how can i fix this?

Thanks for the help!

May 27, 2018 at 3:18 am #2234307

j.f.l.v

Small update from my end.

When I turn the settings to Different languages in directories the website works good.
But when I turn on the domain per language, the website starts crashing.

Also I see the domains are no longer validating as valid. While the DNS records are set correct.
I followed all steps from this blog: https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

I hope you can help me since this cost me a lot of seo ranking at this moment.

May 29, 2018 at 12:00 am #2242266

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

This seems to be happening because the DNS or your server were not configured correctly. When I access the site hidden link; or hidden link; this is redirecting to hidden link.

No redirection should be done. After configuring DNS, did you configure your server as well, as shown in our documentation?

After configuring DNS, have you also configured your server to allow the other domains as aliases, as shown in our documentation?

If you do not know how to do this, as your host seems to be using "custom" server, you should contact them and ask how you can add the other domains as an alias.

After being sure to have all domains set up as the primary domain alias, please let me know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

May 29, 2018 at 7:25 pm #2248071

j.f.l.v

Thanks for the great help! This solved it