This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by santiagoC-13 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Oscar Miras.

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 4:13 am #3795001

santiagoC-13

I've set up WPML on two different domain edu1stvess.com (English version ) and modelovess.com (Spanish version). Everything is working fine without www but with www edu1stvess.com redirecting me to Spanish website: hidden link.

I think something is wrong with WordPress and Site URL. Check screenshot
hidden link

I am trying to: open the English version website with www hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link (Spanish Version)

Please check and let me know what is the issue, This is very urgent issue

May 13, 2019 at 11:26 am #3797469

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support team.

I've checked it and accessing to the English version of the site by hidden link also redirects me to the Spanish site. Is it the expected behaviour?

I would like you to perform a test. Could you deactivate all WPML plugins and try to access hidden link ? Then we can check if WPML is causing the problem.

Besides, I would kindly ask you to share your debug information so I can provide better support. Please, go to WPML > Support, and click in the line "For retrieving debug information if asked by support person, use the debug information page." click in debug information

The, copy the provided information in the input boxes I have enabled.

Thank you for your collaboration,
Oscar.

May 13, 2019 at 12:03 pm #3797745

santiagoC-13

I am getting redirect to Spanish issue every time when trying to access website with www. I've provided debug log.

Below are the WPML plugins I am using. I've deactivated both but still getting the same issue

WPML String Translation
WPML CMS NAV

Please check and let me know if you need anything else.

I need this issue fixed asap. This is very urgent so hope you can understand

May 13, 2019 at 1:21 pm #3798621

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Please, deactivate all WPML plugins. According to your debug info, you should also deactivate WPML Multilingual CMS plugin. If the issue still happens when all the WPML plugins deactivated, then the issue is most likely not be a problem of WPML but about another plugin or even some server configuration.

Let me know your results so I'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Kind regards,
Oscar.

May 14, 2019 at 3:52 am #3803321

santiagoC-13

I am sure this is the issue with MPML and WordPress Address (hidden link) and site Site Address (hidden link)

Check this URL hidden link

I've tried to swap then its redirect Spanish to English when using www that means there is not server site issue or another plugin issue.

May 14, 2019 at 7:20 am #3804249

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Your WordPress Address is where you have installed the backend of your WordPress installation whereas the site address stands for the front end. WPML does not modify in any way your WordPress Address or Site Address.

Please, could you confirm that you already have a look at how to configure WPML per domains? We have detailed information here: https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Also, I have checked that you have a Redirection plugin installed. Does the problem happen if you deactivate it?

Thanks for your collaboration,
Oscar.

May 14, 2019 at 11:43 am #3806489

santiagoC-13

Please, could you confirm that you already have a look at how to configure WPML per domains? We have detailed information here: https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

>> Is there specific setting for www, Spanish website working fine with www without any issue

Also, I have checked that you have a Redirection plugin installed. Does the problem happen if you deactivate it?
>> Yes, I've checked and the same issue

May 15, 2019 at 10:19 am #3814861

Oscar Miras

Hi,

I've discussed the issue with my team and the issue may not be related to WPML.

According to WPML's documentation, you should configure domains to redirect from "www" to a non "www" to make it work. For WPML, sites with and without "www" are different.

If I'm not wrong, your domain is registered at GoDaddy.com. You can ask for help to them about how to configure this redirection. Nevertheless, they seem to have some documentation right here: hidden link

Alternatively, you can try to modify your .htaccess file. This is just a suggestion and it may be needed to be adapted according to your WordPress installation:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.edu1stvess.com [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ <em><u>hidden link</u></em> [L,R=301]

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Please let me know if you need further assistance, I'll be happy to help.
Oscar.

May 15, 2019 at 11:24 am #3815585

santiagoC-13

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!