Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
April 23, 2020 at 1:01 pm #5977327

daveV-9

I was looking at Google PageSpeed and noticed that my website is extremely slow. Therefore I contacted my webhost and they told me that this probably had to do with WPML causing too many queries, slowing down the server.

I am therefore contacting you if you can check if my website indeed is slowed down by WPML.

Link to your site: hidden link

Knipsel.JPG
April 24, 2020 at 1:23 pm #5986787

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Best way to check how much is WPML impacting on your load time is by doing 3 tests:

- test website with all WPML plugins disabled
- test website with all WPML plugins enabled
- test website with only WPML plugins enabled on the default WP theme.

Please let me know the results so we can see if WPML is drastically impacting your websites/servers and to try and fix it.

Please check this documentation on how to optimize your websites to run faster:
- https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/
- https://wpml.org/tutorials/2012/01/can-your-site-run-faster/

-

I went a bit ahead and check your website to see what is impacting your load time and I see you have a lot of external scripts that are loading forever. Example 1 script from hidden link is alone taking 2.5 seconds of load time, plus there are few more from same source.
Total time of content loading is 2.9s and whole website 6.97s (all scripts that make your website etc)

I have tested on the different testing tool and I would recommend optimizing images, cache, CSS, JS, lowering external scripts. I can't exactly tell you the steps since every website is different and this would require more time and investigation, which is not actually the scope of work of WPML support, but hopefully, this will help you. 🙂

-

Please let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way or have doubts or questions about the steps mentioned above, I'll do my best to help you in the best way possible.

Regards,
Drazen

Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_4.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg

The topic ‘[Closed] Website slowed down by WPML’ is closed to new replies.