This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
August 3, 2018 at 11:57 am #2609422

kateA-3

Hello,

I am using WPML plugins on my website. Everything was working fine but recently I have upgraded my server (go-daddy) and it affected speed of website. Now, website is quite slow when we browse front-end or even at back-end I was not able to add product and variations due to slow speed. I have contacted with my server support for this concern and they have cleared no issue from their server side. When i deactivated all plugins of WPML then website speed improves. I think there is confliction in wpml plugins that affecting my website.

Please have a look on my website and help me to fixed this issue as soon as possible.
Here are the admin details:
Website Link: hidden link
Username: ***
Password: ***

Thanks

August 3, 2018 at 9:43 pm #2611767

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I applied some actions to increase the speed of the site. However I would like to ask you to update all outdated plugins and themes to their latest version and run the Woocoommerce update.

Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.

Could you tell me if the issue persists after the steps above?

Kind regards,
Carlos

August 4, 2018 at 8:06 am #2612457

kateA-3

Hello,

Thanks for your support.

I have tried by updating all the plugins but still issue has not been fixed. Website is quite slow.

Also,when I create any variable product then it takes too much time to create variations. So, might be any wpml plugin that is conflicting? Please have a look and solve this issue as soon as possible. Because due to slow speed I am not able to add products to website.

Thanks

August 6, 2018 at 3:11 pm #2616373

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I suspect that this could be caused by a compatibility issue, I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Best regards,
Carlos

August 18, 2018 at 8:31 am #2655637

kateA-3

Hello,

I have tried by disabling WPML plugins then website speed increase a little bit. I have also checked error.log file for website, most of errors are generating from WPML plugins.

For instance 'wp_pc491hxk4v_icl_string_translations' table generating error 'WordPress database error Lost connection to MySQL server during query' due to recurring queries. Can you please look through such errors because it preventing website to load. And website speed is major concern, I am not accessible to back-end due to speed.

If there is any compatibility issue then you can also share. Please do testing on staging website: hidden link.

August 20, 2018 at 2:03 pm #2659548

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Best regards,
Carlos