This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasN 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 23, 2019 at 11:54 am #4265755

thomasN

I am trying to: Activate WPML but than our website is increased by 80% load.
Yesterday the website was working fine

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
It much faster

July 23, 2019 at 4:45 pm #4268211

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues. Please share with me the following details to track the issue.

a) Please increase *WP Memory Limit* to *256*(the minimum required memory limit for WPML is *128*). Please check the following links for more details. Then check is there any difference in the site performance.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

b) Which type of hosting you are using now, shared or VPS or Dedicated?

c) You have not activated the WPML String Translation and Translation Management plugins yet. Am I right?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 24, 2019 at 6:57 am #4270793

thomasN

Hi,

a) I've increased the WP memory limit to 256.

b) We are using a cloud server - VPS Hosting

c) I've activated WPML String translation. I have not installed Translation Management. Is this necessary?

July 24, 2019 at 4:05 pm #4276311

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It is not mandatory to install Translation Management plugin. But it is required for the translation of Custom Fields, Page Builder elements etc.. The Debug information is showing WPML is only installed. That is why I checked WPML String Translation and Translation Management plugins are active or not. I have few more questions. Please let me know the following details.

a) How much time the site is taking when WPML and WPML String Translation plugins are active?

b) How much time the site is taking when WPML String Translation plugins is deactivated?

c) How much time the site is taking when WPML and WPML String Translation plugins are deactivated?

d) Which tool/plugin you are using for analyzing the performance

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 25, 2019 at 1:29 pm #4283573

thomasN

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!