This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.04 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Website works perfect in German and English but has problems in Spanish

Solution: The problem was the in the OnePage theme the section anchors were translated automatically. Unfortunately they did not appear in the String Translation list. Only after changing the name of the section anchors they appeared in the String Translation list

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by frankR-17 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
October 24, 2018 at 3:48 pm

frankR-17

First of all I want to say that you are doing a great work with your tool!
Thank you very much.

But I got some problems:

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: after pressing push button Producto it should jump to section Services

Instead, I got: nothing happens

I expected to see: all the menu bubbles on the rigth side like in German and English

Instead, I got: only two bubbles are shown, the others are missing

I expected to see: using the menu in Spanish the entries Sobre nosotros and Nuestros numeros do not work

Besides this I got the following error message:

We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.

Array
(
[language] => de
[context] => Hauptmenü menu
[gettext_context] =>
[domain_name_context_md5] => c80c5bf7fe5fbe3da590e6b55b2372b8
[name] => Menu Item URL 200
[value] => hidden link
[status] => 0
[translation_priority] => optional
[allow_empty_value] =>
)

Please, help! 😉

Best regards
Frank

October 25, 2018 at 6:26 pm #2850777

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.
It seems that your theme populates the homepage with values from the Customizer options.
Typically, you need to translate those options in WPML -> String Translation, under the admin_texts_theme_mods_themename or in this case admin_texts_theme_mods_onepress

So go ahead and translate the options there. Also, in WPML -> Theme- und Plugin-Lokalisierung -> Lokalisierungsoptionen, select "Themes und Plugins nur mit WPMLs String Translation übersetzen (Keine .mo-Dateien laden)"

This way you can make sure that the mo files do not interfere with the translation of the options.

Be sure to backup your site before all this and let me know if that helps.

Best regards,
Ricardo

October 29, 2018 at 4:34 pm #2858810

frankR-17

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
The problem was the in the OnePage theme the section anchors were translated automatically. Unfortunately they did not appear in the String Translation list. Only after changing the name of the section anchors they appeared in the String Translation list and I could say that I do not want to translate them. Now all works perfectly. 🙂