This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 7:31 am #3731485

Martin Schadegg Brønniche

I am trying to: create/edit/translate blog posts and pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: morningscore.io/features/ ; morningscore.io/roadmap/ ; morningscore.io/changelog/

I expected to see: 1 instance of each translation for each language (add /da/ or /de/ to any URL like morningscore.io/da/features/ or morningscore.io/de/roadmap/.

Instead, I got:

Two of our blog posts /roadmap/ + /changelog/ are randomly getting duplicate drafts every time I try to edit them for each of the versions. Besides the annoying part of having to delete the drafts every time, recently I noticed that although private, the duplicates actually take on the real link that's supposed to be live and the live version gets redirected/altered to for example /roadmap-2/ or /changelog-2/.

The same started happening to pages as well. Currently, I'm trying to edit the /features/ page. In WP's dashboard, I can see there's one published post + 1 draft (randomly created). However, when I try to edit either of them, the URL that it displays is /features-2/ and I can't seem to find the original post (which is still live on the site somehow).

Also, it seems like there are some "ghost" translations happening that overwrite something. Yesterday we made a new page called Test Links. However as you can see in wpml-weird-da-features2.png, it automatically got translated and took over /features/ duplicating the content from that page.

You can see the 3 screenshots for an example of what's happening -- I can also send more.

If needed, I can also put you through with our developer.

May 3, 2019 at 10:14 am #3732969

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you update WPML and other plugins to the latest versions?
https://wpml.org/download/wpml-multilingual-cms/?section=changelog
agr
Version 4.2.6 is the current one. Another thing, can you please check if this issue appears when:

- only WPML plugins are activated, as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin
- theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Seventeen as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme

Please make a full backup of your site before trying this or make these changes on a staging/development site!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Weird duplicates that break posts & pages + URL weirdness’ is closed to new replies.